Why am I getting low FPS in SWTOR using Nvidia GTX560 Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertfallickwang

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
I am using a CPU of Phenom 9500 with TLB fix, 4 gb of DDR2 RAM, and a Nvidia GTX 560 Ti. Why am only getting 10 FPS during battles and fleet and only 30-40 FPS during running around? I am trying to use either high or ultra settings and this puzzles me since I have a quad core processor as well as a pretty good graphics card. Any suggestions what to do?

Solution
It is definitely your CPU holding you back... Most MMOs are very CPU intensive with a lot of people around. Even top of the line overclocked CPUs can be brought to their knees in some situations in MMOs, For example in Tera Online when they released their "rifts" you would have thousands of people in the same area and even the top of the line overclocked CPUs could only put out 20 fps at best.
It is definitely your CPU holding you back... Most MMOs are very CPU intensive with a lot of people around. Even top of the line overclocked CPUs can be brought to their knees in some situations in MMOs, For example in Tera Online when they released their "rifts" you would have thousands of people in the same area and even the top of the line overclocked CPUs could only put out 20 fps at best.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.