Sign in with
Your question

Sony VAIO Laptop Screen Driver - External Display during Boot

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 22, 2013 8:29:49 PM

I'll try to keep this short or easy to read:

Model #: VPCF115FM

***INFO***

Through a lot of research online, I've come to find out that this laptop has external video ports (VGA & HDMI) that only work once the OPERATING SYSTEM loads the drivers for the NVIDIA graphics card. Therefore, you cannot see any of the boot process such as BIOS, POST, etc.

***What I'm trying to do:***

My problem is, the laptop display is cracked and I can't afford $200 for a screen (cheapest I can find) and I'm unemployed at the moment. Recently, my Hard Drive just died so I'm trying to reload the operating system (W7). But since the NVIDIA Driver is not included in the install disk, I can't see a damn thing on the screen. :( 

Possible Solutions:

1) WindowsPE (ie Hiren's Boot Disk): I could use something like Hiren's because it contains a easy installer for Window's OS's. But again, no video graphics driver. How can I place a video driver in Hiren's, or even create a new PE with the driver included?

2) Figure out which keys I should press, in the correct order, to install the OS, reboot, and download and install the driver. (ugh)

3) Hopefully you will provide suggestions? :) 

Thank you guys/gals.

-=-Oscar-=-
January 22, 2013 8:38:00 PM

you will need to slipstream the driver into a pe i would reccomend building youre own, it may be the fastest solution.
http://reboot.pro/?showtopic=4111 try the Win7PE

once the os is installed you can adjust power options, and close the lid

in power options change what happens when i close the lid

best of luck!
m
l
!