I have a quick question

Hello I am building a computer, so far I only have a gigabyte z77-ds3h (no amazing I know), and a case. I plan on using an i5-3570k, w 8 gb ram, and all the other less important stuff. So far I am thinking of a 7850 for my gpu maybe a gtx 660 (not ti, I cant afford it). Is there graphics card for less, that would deliver decent performance on high or ultra for games like planetside2, metro, saints row, battlefield 3 (and 4 if they make one)? I have looked at gtx 560 and 570 ti, 6850 cards, but ive seen benchmarks and hey are good, but no great. Any help?
18 answers Last reply
More about quick question
  1. If 7850 is all you can afford, then go for it. If you're will to spend a little bit extra, get the 7870XT (Tahiti LE). It's a lot faster and doesn't cost all that much more.

    http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/club_3d_7870_joker_xt_edition_review/1
  2. whats ur full pc specs and budget?
  3. iceclock said:
    whats ur full pc specs and budget?

    realistically I don't have a budget but im not willing to spend much more then 200 on a gpu, and I will go with probably a 600 or 750w psu, 8gb of 1666mhz ram, some dvd writer reader thingy, 1tb hdd at least, i5 3570k, gig z77-ds3h mobo, cooler master elite 430 black and then the gpu
  4. Soda-88 said:
    If 7850 is all you can afford, then go for it. If you're will to spend a little bit extra, get the 7870XT (Tahiti LE). It's a lot faster and doesn't cost all that much more.

    http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/club_3d_7870_joker_xt_edition_review/1

    what is the price point of that, if it is a bit over 200 I will do it cause I doubt the i5 would bottle neck
  5. i meant price for full pc
  6. iceclock said:
    i meant price for full pc

    I would not be surprised if I spend 700-750 on it, but not much more, or it will take me forever to save up the money
  7. country of origin and do u need windows?
  8. Is this for gaming? You'd be a LOT better off spending less on the CPU and more on the graphics card.
  9. iceclock said:
    country of origin and do u need windows?

    Canada and I will pay for windows on top, I will spend about 700-750 (800 if I have to) on the comp only
  10. DarkSable said:
    Is this for gaming? You'd be a LOT better off spending less on the CPU and more on the graphics card.

    it will be but I am getting the i5 to be future proof (ik about haswell), but I do not plan on upgrading for a couple years (cpu and mobo), I will only up my gpu because it is a gaming rig.the i5 should handle better cards than a 7850, and even 7870 (which I found some for cheap), or better as I upgrade later on
  11. u mind getting amd?
  12. iceclock said:
    u mind getting amd?

    amd cpu or gpu? cp no (I already have my mobo), and I hear it is not as good for gaming. Gpu wise yes I will go with amd as I don't really care about gpu brand
  13. what mobo do u have?
  14. iceclock said:
    what mobo do u have?

    srry about my previous response, I have an lga 1155 gigabyte z77 ds3h mobo, so im goin intel or cpu, and for gpu I am good with either brand
  15. PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/zdth
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/zdth/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/zdth/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.90 @ Amazon Canada)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.58 @ DirectCanada)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($123.58 @ Amazon Canada)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($219.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($48.00 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg Canada)
    Total: $770.02
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-23 19:32 EST-0500)

    Base Total: $790.01
    Mail-in Rebates: -$19.99
    Total: $770.02

    looking good :D
  16. iceclock said:
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/zdth
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/zdth/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/zdth/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.90 @ Amazon Canada)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.58 @ DirectCanada)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($123.58 @ Amazon Canada)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($219.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($48.00 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg Canada)
    Total: $770.02
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-23 19:32 EST-0500)

    Base Total: $790.01
    Mail-in Rebates: -$19.99
    Total: $770.02

    looking good :D

    seeing as I already have a case and can find a 7870 for about 210, and I can save money if I only get 1 tb or 1.5 tb cause its all I need and can get more I fi need, im liking it
  17. here.

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/zeFT
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/zeFT/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/zeFT/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.90 @ Amazon Canada)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.58 @ DirectCanada)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg Canada)
    Total: $448.44
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-23 21:19 EST-0500)

    Base Total: $458.44
    Mail-in Rebates: -$10.00
    Total: $448.44
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product