Help! Cant Read Data Cd's, Sudio are fine

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I tried posting this already but I think there was some kind of error. So if my other post exists, kindly disregard this one...

A couple days ago, I installed several programs for burning cds. CDRWIN, Fireburner, and Easy CD-Creator 5.02. After buring a CD, I could no longer read Data cd's on my DVD drive. I can however play Audio Cd's.

I have unistalled the burning software, I ran Ad-aware and Norton Antivirus to make sure my system was clean, and it still didn't work. Anyone have any Ideas???

BTW - My system:
1.1ghz athlon,
Asus A7V
Toshiba 12x DVD,
Panasonic CD-RW on same IDE channel
Windows XP Pro Corp

All things must surely have to end...
Functor

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
A quick update... This is really weird...

I can play Audio Cd's fine. While in Windows Media Player, I changed the CD, and it could then read the data cd. Even after I exited from Windows Media Player, I could still read the data CD by clicking on my computer. So, I thought it was fixed. I put in another data CD, and tried opening it in My Computer... same error as before. However, if I went into Media Player, I could view all the files on the CD. And, once I exited media PLayer, I could then read the CD from My Computer. It really sounds like a Windows XP problem to me, but I don't know how to fix it. Any More Ideas?

All things must surely have to end...
Functor