game keeps looking for directx

September 25, 2005 6:20:16 PM

I have a game and after the install , when I click on the exe. file to start
, it wont because it says I need to install directx 8. I have direct x 9.
what do you think it might be. Its the game Star Trek Fleet command 3.
Thanks for any help. Michaeldavid

More about : game directx

Anonymous
September 25, 2005 7:11:19 PM

Hi,

"Michael" <michaeldavidc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:u6p%23G3fwFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
|I have a game and after the install , when I click on the exe. file to start
| , it wont because it says I need to install directx 8. I have direct x 9.
| what do you think it might be. Its the game Star Trek Fleet command 3.
| Thanks for any help. Michaeldavid

The players groups have released a Starfleet patch available from:
http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/startrekstarfleetcommand3/mo...
and
http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/patches_sfc3.shtml

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

September 25, 2005 8:35:45 PM

"" wrote:
> I have a game and after the install , when I click on the exe.
> file to start
> , it wont because it says I need to install directx 8. I have
> direct x 9.
> what do you think it might be. Its the game Star Trek Fleet
> command 3.
> Thanks for any help. Michaeldavid

When it asks you to install DirectX8 , press "Yes" or "OK" or some
thing to that effect. The DirectX 8 installer will (or should) detect
that you have a more upto date version and wont install.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Games-game-directx-ftopict...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1424740
Related resources
September 25, 2005 11:30:58 PM

Got it and it worked fine Jim. Thanks Michaeldavid

"Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> "Michael" <michaeldavidc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> |I have a game and after the install , when I click on the exe. file to
> start
> | , it wont because it says I need to install directx 8. I have direct x
> 9.
> | what do you think it might be. Its the game Star Trek Fleet command 3.
> | Thanks for any help. Michaeldavid
> |

> The players groups have released a Starfleet patch available from:
> http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/startrekstarfleetcommand3/mo...
> and
> http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/patches_sfc3.shtml
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
> rights.

September 25, 2005 11:47:03 PM

Glad we were able to help out Michael. :-)

Cheers!
Jimmy.

"Michael" <michaeldavidc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23jpowkiwFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| Got it and it worked fine Jim. Thanks Michaeldavid
|

| "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> wrote in message
| > Hi,
| >
| > "Michael" <michaeldavidc@gmail.com> wrote in message
| > |I have a game and after the install , when I click on the exe. file to
| > start
| > | , it wont because it says I need to install directx 8. I have direct x
| > 9.
| > | what do you think it might be. Its the game Star Trek Fleet command 3.
| > | Thanks for any help. Michaeldavid
| > |

| > The players groups have released a Starfleet patch available from:
| > http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/startrekstarfleetcommand3/mo...
| > and
| > http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/patches_sfc3.shtml
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| > rights.

December 12, 2005 11:05:52 AM

You can have DirectX installed fully to DX9.0c but if you did not fully install your graphics cards drivers the game cannot render Direct 3D.

You should download the latest drivers from ATI or Nvidia or check the CD that came with your computer the Motherboard CD and see if it has a base graphics card driver on it.
!