Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this a good video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 23, 2013 12:15:28 AM

Is this a good video card I was wondering because it only used 1 6pin for power instead of the common 2x 6pins other than that it seems like a great card and I am using a HD 7770 right now and I know it it seriously bottlenecking my fx 8350 cpu.

More about : good video card

a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2013 12:35:06 AM

a39232 said:
Is this a good video card I was wondering because it only used 1 6pin for power instead of the common 2x 6pins other than that it seems like a great card and I am using a HD 7770 right now and I know it it seriously bottlenecking my fx 8350 cpu.


A HD 7770 won't really bottleneck a FX-8350. Do you have a budget? Where do you live (Just provide the country you live in, city doesn't really matter)? Tell us and we might have better graphics cards suggestions for you. As for the power connector issues you have, it's just depending on the graphics card's power needs, for example, a 6 pin power connector provides up to 75 watts of power, and a 8 pin power connector provides up to 150 watts of power. So, 2 x 6 pins = 150 watts, one 8 pin + one 6 pin = 225 watts, etc.
m
0
l
January 23, 2013 12:43:44 AM

well I really want a gtx 660 or ti but my bugdet is $200 im only running a resolutin of 1600x900 i plan to upgrade to 1080p someday. I have a Corsair Ax 850watt PSU and i draw about 250 to 320 watts i belieave from the wall.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2013 12:48:38 AM

a39232 said:
well I really want a gtx 660 or ti but my bugdet is $200 im only running a resolutin of 1600x900 i plan to upgrade to 1080p someday. I have a Corsair Ax 850watt PSU and i draw about 250 to 320 watts i belieave from the wall.


I assume that you live in the U.S., you can get a HD 7850 with that budget. Like this one below:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PJTNYS/?tag=pcpapi-20

Just $5 below your budget. :D  It's a great card for the price. Even I want one as well... That PSU can even run a GTX 690 without a sweat, a HD 7850 is nothing for that PSU.
m
0
l
January 23, 2013 12:57:04 AM

yep I know I specifically bought it because of that and because If it gets shocked it won't take anything els with it ...hopefully.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2013 1:04:50 AM

a39232 said:
yep I know I specifically bought it because of that and because If it gets shocked it won't take anything els with it ...hopefully.


Cool. I might have to upgrade my PSU also... Is that graphics card I linked on my last post good for you?
Share
January 23, 2013 1:34:29 AM

its great thanks.
m
0
l
!