Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Guys i want to buy a gtx 690 but im confused between ZOTAC and ASUS ....which is

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 23, 2013 12:25:54 AM

m confused between ZOTAC gtx 690 and ASUS gtx 690 guys please help me to choose one

here zotac gives 5 year warranty and asus gives 3 year warranty

eeping the warranty aside i need the best performance...........please help me guys
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 23, 2013 12:27:09 AM

asus or evga are better imo.
Score
0
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 23, 2013 12:32:58 AM

ASUS between the two. Honestl like Bigcyc said EVGA is best for the 690
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2013 1:12:55 AM

both of them are reference boards. not too much difference
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2013 1:24:52 AM

seen a few Zotacs from some acquaintances, and never heard any complaints about it from them, but if you want quality assurance; Asus.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 23, 2013 1:34:59 AM

Like we said ASUS or EVGA

and @srafig. exactly all are reference so it depends on the quality of customer service from each company
Score
0
January 23, 2013 12:06:45 PM

srafig4 said:
both of them are reference boards. not too much difference


reference boards ??

will it give the top notch performance
Score
0
January 23, 2013 12:10:07 PM

Hazle said:
seen a few Zotacs from some acquaintances, and never heard any complaints about it from them, but if you want quality assurance; Asus.



i need the best performance bro ..................higher FPS

now ZOTAC or ASUS??
Score
0
January 23, 2013 12:11:41 PM

Rockdpm said:
Like we said ASUS or EVGA

and @srafig. exactly all are reference so it depends on the quality of customer service from each company



but zotac costs 3k less than asus now what would u suggest
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 23, 2013 1:49:30 PM

Well since they are all reference design theya re all clocked the same.. so anyone of them will give u same performance over the other. I'd say go with Asus they make quality stuff. I had a friend who got zotac 680 and had to send it in. Zotac did him in. Like we said evga or asus
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2013 4:54:30 PM

you can ask the same question over and over again, and the majority of people are going to tell you to go Asus. they've been one of the forerunner for quality for years, so much so, that it's ingrained in most GPU & motherboard afficionado's mind that if you want the best build & service quality, Asus is the only answer 3000 rupees (i assume from the name)/ $50 be damned.

both are reference cards at reference clock so performance isn't going to differ all that much, and neither is cooling seeing both look about the same. and even if that last part isn't true, Asus has shown to be great at cooling.

either way, that leaves you with comparing the two cards based on assurance of build & service quality. now most people here don't familiarize zotac with quality all that much, so you know what most, if not all people are going to say regarding the subject. but seeing as how the two zotac gpu owners i know of never complained about the brand, you could try risking it. and i do emphasize the word "risk" as two satisfied customers don't make much of a solid guarantee.

when you're gunning for a 690, i reckon you'll either go for broke or forget about getting it in the first place. what's wrong going another $50 for a $1000+ card, eh? if price is a major concern then consider a single 670. assuming you are using rupees as the currency, i just saved you 30K+. may not perform the same as a 690, but it does it's job well enough for a single 1080p monitor setup.

but if you're using 3x 1080p monitors or a single 1600p monitor, add in another 670. based on these pricings;

http://www.flipkart.com/computers/computer-components/p...

2x Gigabyte 670s = 53,000 rp. you get close to the performance, if not equal to a single 690, for 14000rp less than the Zotac, and 17000rp less than the Asus, if flipkart's price are anything to go by. plus, it's from Gigabyte, so there's some assured quality there.

http://www.flipkart.com/zotac-nvidia-geforce-gtx-690-zt...

http://www.flipkart.com/asus-nvidia-gtx-690-4-gb-gddr5-...

and in case you're still doubtful; a single GTX690 is simply 2x GTX680's, downclocked. a GTX 670 performs VERY close to a 680, with a 5% loss at worst. 2x GTX670 in SLI, at stock clocks perform about the same as a single 690. overclock those 670's and you just got the best graphics card setup for the right price.
Share
January 24, 2013 3:01:18 AM

Best answer selected by bhanu10.
Score
0
January 24, 2013 3:03:47 AM

Hazle said:
you can ask the same question over and over again, and the majority of people are going to tell you to go Asus. they've been one of the forerunner for quality for years, so much so, that it's ingrained in most GPU & motherboard afficionado's mind that if you want the best build & service quality, Asus is the only answer 3000 rupees (i assume from the name)/ $50 be damned.

both are reference cards at reference clock so performance isn't going to differ all that much, and neither is cooling seeing both look about the same. and even if that last part isn't true, Asus has shown to be great at cooling.

either way, that leaves you with comparing the two cards based on assurance of build & service quality. now most people here don't familiarize zotac with quality all that much, so you know what most, if not all people are going to say regarding the subject. but seeing as how the two zotac gpu owners i know of never complained about the brand, you could try risking it. and i do emphasize the word "risk" as two satisfied customers don't make much of a solid guarantee.

when you're gunning for a 690, i reckon you'll either go for broke or forget about getting it in the first place. what's wrong going another $50 for a $1000+ card, eh? if price is a major concern then consider a single 670. assuming you are using rupees as the currency, i just saved you 30K+. may not perform the same as a 690, but it does it's job well enough for a single 1080p monitor setup.

but if you're using 3x 1080p monitors or a single 1600p monitor, add in another 670. based on these pricings;

http://www.flipkart.com/computers/computer-components/p...

2x Gigabyte 670s = 53,000 rp. you get close to the performance, if not equal to a single 690, for 14000rp less than the Zotac, and 17000rp less than the Asus, if flipkart's price are anything to go by. plus, it's from Gigabyte, so there's some assured quality there.

http://www.flipkart.com/zotac-nvidia-geforce-gtx-690-zt...

http://www.flipkart.com/asus-nvidia-gtx-690-4-gb-gddr5-...

and in case you're still doubtful; a single GTX690 is simply 2x GTX680's, downclocked. a GTX 670 performs VERY close to a 680, with a 5% loss at worst. 2x GTX670 in SLI, at stock clocks perform about the same as a single 690. overclock those 670's and you just got the best graphics card setup for the right price.

thank u brother...............i will go for a asus gtx 690 ................................a 690 coz i wouldn opt for upgrading anymore in my true life time with my 1080p monitor
Score
0
!