wireless function stopped

Last response: in Networking
Share
April 11, 2004 6:14:21 PM

i have a mn-700 wireless router that came with my laptop.
it ran fine for about a week, but now the wireless
function has just stopped. the led wont even come on and
of course my laptop detects no network. it still runs
just fine as a wired router but i would like to connect
my laptop without a wire.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b F Wireless
April 11, 2004 9:57:38 PM

Have you tried a reset of the MN-700?

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:14:21 -0700, "ryan"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

yes, ive sat and reset the thing many times. ive
unplugged it many times and hit the reset to default
button many times. the light will not come on
Related resources
April 11, 2004 9:57:40 PM

Unplug it for 5 minutes and plug it back -- some
electronics don't fully discharge instantaneously.

Disable and reenable the wireless on the router (there is
a checkbox for it).

If it still doesn't work, it may be dead. Can you return
to the store and get a new one?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b F Wireless
April 11, 2004 10:38:45 PM

can you open a web browser and go to the admin interface
(http://192.168.2.1) and change one of the wireless settings (SSID or
channel) and apply the setting and see if this kick starts the
wireless?

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:06:56 -0700,

>yes, ive sat and reset the thing many times. ive
>unplugged it many times and hit the reset to default
>button many times. the light will not come on

April 11, 2004 10:38:46 PM

yeah ive done that too, even tried hitting disable then
back to g
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b F Wireless
April 12, 2004 2:25:29 AM

I am having the same prob. I just email Microsoft with
this issue and I have unpluged and repluged the router
and also I have restore the factory setting and tried to
do it all over again but the SSID will not even show up
at all, and i tried all the channels and the Broadcast
SSID is checked and the wireless light is on on the MN
700 I just stoped working and i only had it for about a
week and a half...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b F Wireless
April 12, 2004 9:21:58 AM

exchange it for a new one

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:47:49 -0700, "ryan"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

exchange it for a new one.