wireless function stopped

i have a mn-700 wireless router that came with my laptop.
it ran fine for about a week, but now the wireless
function has just stopped. the led wont even come on and
of course my laptop detects no network. it still runs
just fine as a wired router but i would like to connect
my laptop without a wire.
8 answers Last reply
More about wireless function stopped

    Have you tried a reset of the MN-700?

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:14:21 -0700, "ryan"

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    yes, ive sat and reset the thing many times. ive
    unplugged it many times and hit the reset to default
    button many times. the light will not come on

    Unplug it for 5 minutes and plug it back -- some
    electronics don't fully discharge instantaneously.

    Disable and reenable the wireless on the router (there is
    a checkbox for it).

    If it still doesn't work, it may be dead. Can you return
    to the store and get a new one?

    can you open a web browser and go to the admin interface
    (http://192.168.2.1) and change one of the wireless settings (SSID or
    channel) and apply the setting and see if this kick starts the
    wireless?

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:06:56 -0700,

    >yes, ive sat and reset the thing many times. ive
    >unplugged it many times and hit the reset to default
    >button many times. the light will not come on

    yeah ive done that too, even tried hitting disable then
    back to g

    I am having the same prob. I just email Microsoft with
    this issue and I have unpluged and repluged the router
    and also I have restore the factory setting and tried to
    do it all over again but the SSID will not even show up
    at all, and i tried all the channels and the Broadcast
    SSID is checked and the wireless light is on on the MN
    700 I just stoped working and i only had it for about a
    week and a half...

    exchange it for a new one

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:47:49 -0700, "ryan"

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    exchange it for a new one.