Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 23, 2013 11:54:13 AM

Hello, i have a question about adding monitors to a pc

i have recently built a new pc for my church
- i3 3225
-integrated HD4000 graphics
#using this with both display ports on mobo
- 430w corsair psu

--dvi display port feeds the main monitr and the vga goes to a switch where it feeds 1 projector and 2 tv's.

we are about to upgrade the software that we use, and we want to get rid of the switch and control all of the moniters directly form the computer.

1. can you use the hd4000 graphics with a dedicated graphics card? idealy we would have:
HD4000
1.primary monitor
2.projecter
Graphics card
1. band monitor
2. stage screen
3. monitor in other room (not essential could use the switch)

2. what graphics card would i need? it needs to drive 3 displays, and preferably 4. we need everything to be in VGA or be able to convert dvi-i.

we are on a tight budget so nothing too fancy! the most intensive thing we do is play dvd's!

thanks in advance

More about : adding moniters

a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2013 12:26:55 PM

mswift95 said:
Hello, i have a question about adding monitors to a pc

i have recently built a new pc for my church
- i3 3225
-integrated HD4000 graphics
#using this with both display ports on mobo
- 430w corsair psu

--dvi display port feeds the main monitr and the vga goes to a switch where it feeds 1 projector and 2 tv's.

we are about to upgrade the software that we use, and we want to get rid of the switch and control all of the moniters directly form the computer.

1. can you use the hd4000 graphics with a dedicated graphics card? idealy we would have:
HD4000
1.primary monitor
2.projecter
Graphics card
1. band monitor
2. stage screen
3. monitor in other room (not essential could use the switch)

2. what graphics card would i need? it needs to drive 3 displays, and preferably 4. we need everything to be in VGA or be able to convert dvi-i.

we are on a tight budget so nothing too fancy! the most intensive thing we do is play dvd's!

thanks in advance

You can run 2 off the integrated and 2 off of a dedicated card.
January 23, 2013 5:24:37 PM

abCasPeRR said:
You can run 2 off the integrated and 2 off of a dedicated card.

thanks,
would you recommend a card? if i got 2 dedicated cards could i run 6 displays simultaneously?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2013 7:31:33 PM

mswift95 said:
thanks,
would you recommend a card? if i got 2 dedicated cards could i run 6 displays simultaneously?

How much are you wanting to spend, theres a lot of options you have. For 1 you can get 2 550Ti's SLI them and run 2 monitors on each and 2 on the integrated, or you can get a 650 Ti and run 4 monitors off the single card. And 2 on the integrated. Im not to sure about what AMD cards support 3+ monitors otherwise I would recommend them.

Here's the links to the cards.

550 Ti:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

650 Ti:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2013 7:38:17 PM

Any card will do if you just need to add display ports. All of the 600 series Nvidia cards and 7000 series AMD cards will run three displays. Older models will run two displays.
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2013 8:18:51 PM

did you people not notice he needs anaolg output, either vga or dvi.
This is more difficult than you think.

@ mswift95 - how many and what kind of slots are available on your motherboard?
!