Status
Not open for further replies.

TwixOps

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
I currently have a Galaxy GTX 550ti 2Gb version (not reference) in my computer. It has been running a little slow as of late and I am looking to upgrade it a bit. A friend of mine has a normal 550ti that he is willing to sell me and I have a few questions about compataility.

Since my card is not a reference design, would the memory timings be off, preventing them from running SLI at all?

Would my card only use half of its memory, and would that prevent me from running current-gen games with high textures?

Here is a link to my current card for reference. http://www.galaxytech.com/__en_gb__/Product14.aspx

Solution
it wont go sync and sync, since they got different vram sizes. wont be worth it dude.

if it was 2gigs would be ok, but id recommand a new card.

whats ur budget?

andiedee

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2012
anything with the same GPU will do sli or crossfire, so for example

if i have a MSI 660, i can sli it with a ASUS 660 with no worries.

same goes with reference cards they can also sli with different manufactured cards.

So yes you can use that build.

it also good to have matched memory 2gb with 2gb .. not a 2gb with a 4gb, don't think it works like that..

Just i don't think its good sli a such a low end card i would upgrade haha !

TwixOps

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

They are not both 2Gb550ti's, his is he 1Gb reference design. They do both have the same architecture though.

Pc specs

Asus sabertooth Z77 (x64 based)

Intel I5 3750k currently running 4x4.2Ghz

8Gb Corsair Vengence RAM 8/8/8/24

TwixOps

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Just spent several hundred dollars on the Mb, CPU, a new case and CPU cooler, so not too high right now.
I have been looking at a 660ti (fermi), and my budget choice would be a 480 fermi, can you recommend any other cards for ~200?

andiedee

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.