Eyefinity on 2 monitor? Is it ok

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
I was wondering if eyefinity would be ok using 2 monitors. I mainly play fps games. Would crosshairs on guns and zoom be an issue with 2 scrrens as the screen divider would hide it?

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Games will not function properly on two monitors. Everything you normally see in the middle of the screen would simply be dead center on the two monitors in the middle where the bezel(divider) is.

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
2 monitors will look great in FPS as long as you run sideways. Looking forward is for noobs anyway.

Kidding aside. Monitors are cheep now, get a third you won't regret it.

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

lol Thanks 4 the heads up and making me laugh! :lol:

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

Thanks for the reply. Ill have to get 3 then. thanks for the reply

Aldunator

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015

Man its not as simple as buying a new monitor, you will need also an active DP to HDMI or DVI adapter, and they arent cheap. So unless your video card has active dp port (i doubt that) it wont work with just an ordinary DP to HDMI/DVI adapter.

So thats the real heads up, video cards dont allow for 3 screens on eyefinity unless u do what i said earlier. The only last option is a DP to VGA pasive adapter, vga is analog so it doesnt use the RAMDAC on your video card therefore allowing you to play on low ress only on that screen. But still you might get some crashes doing it that way and that monitor wont always work properly. Sorry for poor english.