Sign in with
Your question

Mic Stops Working Randomly

Last response: in Windows 7
March 19, 2012 8:15:00 AM

I have a P67H2-A2 ECS motherboard. My microphone is on my corsair (not usb) headphones. So the sound works perfectly and so does the mic up until randomly my mic stops working. So everytime I unplug and plug my mic back in it works for a seemingly random amount of time... maybe 5-10 min. It's detected in Realtek HD Audio Manager (tried reinstalling driver from ECS website). I ran a Microsoft Fix-It application and it says microphone not detected. It's detected in Realtek though. The mic test yields no bar movement in Windows 7. The headset also works on another computer perfectly fine. I don't want to have to keep unplugging and plugging back in my audio jack every 5 minutes to talk to people. Under "recording devices" It says where my mic is plugged in at "Mic in at rear panel (Pink)" so you would think Windows sees it perfectly fine. I also tried uninstalling the driver in the device manager and that didn't work.

Misc info: Added a second Radeon HD 6970 gpu to crossfire recently. Not sure if that has anything to do with my problems. I also instead the latest version of Catalyst before I had any issues. Again, not sure if this has anything to do with my sound issues.

Please help :hello: 
March 23, 2012 2:02:33 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions? It's really annoying not having a microphone while gaming.
m
l
!