AMD Radeon HD 7770 is it a good buy.

sorrowmd

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hey guys im just wonder if i should get the ATI Radeon HD 7770 1 GB DDR5 it is £80 and i need a new grathic card to run some games on high like skyrim.
Right now im using a AMD Radeon HD 6570 2GB DDR3 card and i like to get one thats better then this on my low budget,
If you know anything better please tell me, but right now im thinking of buying this.

sorrowmd

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
sweet, im using a intel quad core processor 2.40GHz and 8gb ram.
How do you think the system will run with this graphic card on games like battlefield 3.
I trying to be sure that the this card will be awesome for the games i play and play without lag ill list them.

BattleField 3
Tera
DayZ
Far Cry 3
and to run DMC when it out friday.

Would need to know your resolution to answer that really, and your exact CPU model, theres a big performance change between different resolutions and a CPU can really impact performance depending on if a game is more dependent on the CPU or GPU.

Either way, the 7770 is the best for the money at the moment.

sorrowmd

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
yea sure.

CPU: intel CORE 2 qQ6600 Quad core processor 2.40GHz
Ram: 8GB
PSU: 700WATT
MOBO: Gigabyte G41MT-S2P

A 7770 would be appropriate for that CPU. However, for the games you are looking to play I would suspect that you may not get the exact performance you are after. You do have a aging processor which where it still may be good does not have the power to keep up with current gen cards withstanding the 7750/7770, 650Ti.

linkgx1

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

When you say it's best for the money, like how long will it last? I'm just wondeirng because I'm trying to build a gaming pc on a budget, but I'm afraid the new Radeon GPUs are coming out soon....but kind of need a computer now. Would it be worth it just to get the 7770 now and upgrade later?

sorrowmd

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

Thank, as long i can play game at least on high with descent frame rate, the graphic card i have now still lags mad on skyrim on the open area because of Fov.

Its a difficult question to answer without a crystal ball to be honest. With the new consoles coming out at the end of the year there will be a wave of Dx11 games with most likely greater demands than what theres been upto now. If or not a 7770 will be 'good' after that depends on you, and what levels of performance make you happy. All GPU's become useless eventually.

Agreed typically the higher end cards will last a 2-3 generations of cards before they are no longer able to keep up I would suspect that within the next generation or 2 of games that you may end up with a hard time with games.

TRENDING THREADS