Memory card and battery

My 6230i comes with 32MB internal memory, and a 32MB MMC card

The internal memory is enough for phonebook, sms and photos,
and the 32MB MMC card is not enough for real MP3 usage :-)

So really, so far I don't use the MMC card, but it's inserted.
Does it use battery power (even when not read/written), or?

Will I gain some battery time if I remove the MMC card?

If I get a bigger card (for MP3 use) will it use more power?

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
1 answer Last reply

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:00:11 +0100, Lars-Erik Østerud <.@.> wrote:

    > My 6230i comes with 32MB internal memory, and a 32MB MMC card
    >
    > The internal memory is enough for phonebook, sms and photos,
    > and the 32MB MMC card is not enough for real MP3 usage :-)
    >
    > So really, so far I don't use the MMC card, but it's inserted.
    > Does it use battery power (even when not read/written), or?
    >
    > Will I gain some battery time if I remove the MMC card?
    >
    > If I get a bigger card (for MP3 use) will it use more power?

    These types of memory card are not like the 1's you have on the PC, they
    dont need power to retain data. They only use power when data is read to
    saved to the card. This is a quote from the official site.

    "The SanDisk MultiMediaCard and Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC) are
    very
    small, removable flash storage devices, designed specifically for storage
    applications that
    put a premium on small form factor, low power and low cost. Flash is the
    ideal storage
    medium for portable, battery-powered devices. It features low power
    consumption and is
    non-volatile, requiring no power to maintain the stored data. It also has
    a wide operating
    range for temperature, shock and vibration."

Nokia Battery Memory Card Memory