EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4GB power help

Hey Everyone,

I recently brought a 680 gtx evga ftw edition 4gb, this may sound a bit noobish of me but when i came to install the power, the card has an 8 pin slot and a 6 pin slot, do i have to fill both? I have a 6-pin coming out of my power supply but its got a small 2-pin connected to it would this work as the 8 pin and could i just use the adapter they send me to convert 2, 4 pins into a 6 pin? would that configuration work?

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about evga power help
  1. First off, YES you have to use both. And as long as your power supply has 1) the wattage and 2) the amperage on the +12v rail it should work fine :)
  2. Using the 6+2 and the adapter, that is. Hah.
  3. Thanks :)
  4. Ok here is the problem, i just tired to put the 6+2 into the 8 pin slot and the 6 goes in fine but the + pin doesn't go in, on the box it says a 6 pin and a 6 pin will do fine, also the 8 pin adapter requires a 2 6 pins which i dont have, it seems to boot fine with 2 6pins but should i maybe get a bigger power supply for the future? i have 750 w at the moment?
  5. My bad i see what i did wrong all working now

Thanks again
  6. Hahaha no problem :) Remember to select best answer so this thread says [Solved] on it's title!
  7. I think i set up the wrong sort of thread for that, i have no option to do it, ill make sure i do it like that next time :)
  8. hahaha okay! Normally the option is under each person's post on the bottom right next to where you reply directly to them.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx EVGA Power Graphics