ickocruz21

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
i have a gaming pc right now with a single monitor and i want to try dual monitor setup so i can play different games or the same games on both monitors.. i dnt have any idea on how can i do it, because im just new on this computer thing. wat programs i need to do use or software cables or anything... please help me ...
Thanks in advance.
here are my specs
Processor I5 3570k
Mobo ASRock extreme 6
Graphic Card Gtx 650
SSD Intel 60gb
HDD Seagate 1TB
PSU Cougar 650W
Ram Corsair Vengeance 16 GB
OS WIN 7
and do i need to upgrade my psu for trying dual monitor?

First of all, you wont be able to game across these monitors. Both Surround and Eyefinity (multi-monitor gaming utilities by NVidia and AMD) require an odd number of screens to work.
Plus imagine playing BF3 with the cross-hair in between the monitors.

As for setting up dual monitors just as an extended desktop, should be as simple as plugging in the 2nd monitor to the graphics card, then configuring it Control Panel so your mouse moves between the screens right.

ickocruz21

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
ok so its impossible to do what i want? im thinking if i use vmware + multiple monitors will it work? i want to play games with my brother as 2 player and sometimes online games because we both are addicted to games x.x

What your are referring too is possible, but I have completely forgotten the name of it.
Think the biggest difficulty will be associating one set of inputs to only work in the VM, once you get past that I don't see any reason why you couldn't do what you plan.

Though anticipate a massive hit to performance when you do, running two OS' and games concurrently will require a fairly high end rig to get a nice FPS at higher settings.