Win 7 ultamate

christianelliott

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
hi!
i have to opportunity to download windows 7 ultamate from the microsoft store. a friend bought it and gave me access to his account. all i have to do isd click download, and get it. but, 1st of all, downloading it onto my laptop wont work, after the 2.98gb first file is installed, you have to click install, and after reaching halfway, it says it didnt work, and asks if i have permission to use this drive or something. i am wondering if i CAN download it, if i can move it to my new computer, which has no OS yet.

While this sounds unbelieveably sketchey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that your 'firiend' really did give you access to Win7Ultimate (Though home or pro would likely do better for you, and it would be cheaper to purchase the OEM from Newegg).
Download the ISO from the website (most likely much larget than 3GB) and then burn it to a DVD, and install it on whatever machine needs Windows. Keep in mind that while your friend it being nice, the licensing will be through your friend, and your friend will have the right to take that liscense from you at any time. Remember the full version of the software follows the person (in this case the pwerson with the MS accound you are logged into when you purchase the software), and not the machine.