Sign in with
Your question

ASUS EAH3870X2 1GB problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 24, 2013 1:31:52 PM

Hello, everyone !
I am a fresh user here, so this is my first post (hope is the right place to ask questions ).
Some time ago, when i was in highschool i bought a second hand gpu from a classmate. It's about an ASUS EAH3870 X2 1GB gpu. He warned me that one of the two cores is not working.
Every time i go to control panel and try to enable the second core, the monitor led starts to flash and nothing happens, after some time a BSOD pops. I can't even install the latest drivers or any drivers because the monitor led starts to flash.I also tried fresh windows instal, but after the instalation is complete, the pc freezes at the windows logo boot. I am using a low end system:Windows 7 64 bit service pack 1(Build 7601), intel dual core E 5300-2,6 Ghz overclocked to 3 Ghz, 2 GB ram Kingmax 800mhz, asus P5KPL AM-SE motherboard, antec neo power 480 W modular PSU. I just want to know if the second core it's dead or no. If i put my hand on the "dead core" is cold,so the core don't even receive power.
If the core can be repaied, please give me some advices. If no, i am going to buy a new gpu.
Thank you !
January 24, 2013 2:37:46 PM

Buy another brand card.
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 2:42:27 PM

You don't have a powerful enough psu for one thing. As he said, one of the gpus may be dead. I suggest getting a new card.
March 3, 2013 6:20:31 AM

Thank you, guys !
!