Graphics card not detected, works on other PC

andrew221

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
I recently purchased a 660ti for my system. I installed the necessary drivers from here: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT073559

Specifications:

Intel 3.1GHz ivy bridge
8GB
Corsair CX 600w

The issue is that the screen is blank after I connect to the card. I have tried an alternative video output via HDMI to a TV and this still gives no output. After this, I decided to uninstall all Nvidia related drivers (computer came with 630gt) from device manager and programs. After doing this I still got no output.

I think I can pinpoint the problem to the motherboard itself: My friend tested my old Radeon 7750 in his system, which worked fine, but also has the same issue with my system in that there is no display at all through either DVI or HDMI.

I have reset the BIOS settings and prioritized PCI Video settings, with no success. Currently this is very frustrating as I've hardly used it over weeks of waiting for parts, and I'm baffled at how the motherboard fails to recognize either of my graphics cards. The GT 630 that came with it works fine, and that is also a PCIe card.

I don't think it's the power supply as the 7750 didn't require PCIe cables like the 630.

How should I solve this?

Help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

After reading your post 3 times i still do not understand it. Please review your post so it explains the situation in a less confusing way.

Examples:
You talk about 660 Ti then about GT 630?

You say your friend tested a GPU thats not the one that doesnt work, but its not clear what really have you tested and how.

AliTweel

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Have you tried to update the bios with the latest from the manufacturer website?

usually this will solve your problem, use an old VGA or ask one of your friends to try his video card that works on your current motherboard then update the bios.

reply and let us know.

just to let you know the bios update will not harm your pc.

andrew221

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012

Sorry about that. I mean that I presume the 660ti graphics card probably isn't to fault as the 7750 has the same problem when I boot up, and my friend has tested the 7750 in his own system which works. The 630gt came as stock with my system, and is the only card that works with my system currently.

andrew221

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012

The only problem is I cannot find any BIOS updates for my motherboard online (Lenovo MAHOBAY, as CPU-Z listed).

contact the pc vendor by email or phone with your pc model number. also go into the bios and on the main page should be the bios rev listed for the pc. with that info the vendor tech supprt should be able to point you to the newest bios updates or tell you if there is one.

andrew221

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012

I recently just installed the required drivers for the card which also didn't work. I'll try to get in contact with Lenovo about BIOS updates etc. If this fails, a new motherboard would surely be a good solution?

haider95

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Guys. OP's having an incompability issue. isn't it obvious? both HD7750 and GTX660 use pci express 3.0 whereas the GT630's just a pci express 2.0 .. you'll have to find a way to update his chipset bios somehow

andrew221

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
@smorizio I have tried multiple Corsair PSU's. Firstly I tried the CX 600w with both cards which has 48A on the +12v line. Secondly, I tried the 430w Corsair with the 7750; which has more than enough to power this low power card. Both cards give exactly the same problem.

@haider95: I presume after all this testing (including multiple monitors and cable types) it is a compatibility issue. I will get in touch with the manufacturer soon and post on the system specific forums in the mean time. Currently I cannot think of any other reasons why this is occurring.

andrew221

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
Ok guys, so I gave my 7750 to my friend and it gave exactly the same problem, and he's running a 7770. So presumably the 7750 is fried. I'm now inferring that the new card I got that also has the same issue is DOA. I'm attempting to RMA it, I hope it pulls through.

I'll keep you posted.