Replay Linux Media Server...................................

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
November 5, 2004 6:46:05 PM

Someone told me that you could setup a Linux server to stream video to the
Replay unit. Can someone give a URL as to the particulars? TIA.
November 8, 2004 8:31:02 PM

Boll Weevil <washerdryer@maytag.com> wrote in

> Someone told me that you could setup a Linux server to stream video to
> the Replay unit. Can someone give a URL as to the particulars? TIA.

Any OS supporting Java can do so using DVArchive www.dvarchive.org
Note that DVA can only stream MPG's that originated from a RTV not a live
video stream or other downloaded video files.

Yes, there is a way to produce RTV compliant MPG files, specifically for
5xxx series but that is beyond the scope of the answer/question.

DVA runs on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and BeOS in my household.
!