Differences between the MMC memory cards

Last response: in Brands
a b } Memory
August 1, 2005 1:46:11 PM

I have a new 6230i which I am very pleased with. I am wondering to buy a
larger memory card to use it as a MP3-player. When I search for prices I
discovered that there seems to exist several different types of MMC cards:
MMC, RS_MMC, MMC mobile and MMC dual voltage.

I have found that RS-MMC are 1/2 sized MMC cards, but I don't know the
differences between the rest.
- Could anyone give a short owerview of the different types?
- Are there any advantages/disadvantages of the types?
- Could I use any of the types in my phone (perhapes exept the RS-MMC)?

Thanks
Boerge

August 3, 2005 1:10:17 AM

> I have a new 6230i which I am very pleased with. I am wondering to buy a
> larger memory card to use it as a MP3-player. When I search for prices I
> discovered that there seems to exist several different types of MMC cards:
> MMC, RS_MMC, MMC mobile and MMC dual voltage.
>
> I have found that RS-MMC are 1/2 sized MMC cards, but I don't know the
> differences between the rest.
> - Could anyone give a short owerview of the different types?
> - Are there any advantages/disadvantages of the types?
> - Could I use any of the types in my phone (perhapes exept the RS-MMC)?
>

> Thanks
> Boerge

Boerge,

I'm pretty sure for your phone all of the above cards will work correctly.
That said, I'm going to go for a 1Gb RS DV MMC as it'll fit almost all
phones and cameras and is somewhat future proof.

Hope this helps.

--
Smiles,

Easy
- - -
August 4, 2005 1:11:21 AM

Isn't the 6230i limited to 512MB.

The RS-MMC will fit in the 6230i with it's adapter...

"Easy" <easy@theobvioussinstripe.co.uk> wrote in message

>> I have a new 6230i which I am very pleased with. I am wondering to buy a
>> larger memory card to use it as a MP3-player. When I search for prices I
>> discovered that there seems to exist several different types of MMC
>> cards:
>> MMC, RS_MMC, MMC mobile and MMC dual voltage.
>>
>> I have found that RS-MMC are 1/2 sized MMC cards, but I don't know the
>> differences between the rest.
>> - Could anyone give a short owerview of the different types?
>> - Are there any advantages/disadvantages of the types?
>> - Could I use any of the types in my phone (perhapes exept the RS-MMC)?
>>

>> Thanks
>> Boerge
>>
>> --
>> Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
>

> Boerge,
>
> I'm pretty sure for your phone all of the above cards will work correctly.
> That said, I'm going to go for a 1Gb RS DV MMC as it'll fit almost all
> phones and cameras and is somewhat future proof.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Smiles,
>

> Easy
> - - -

Anonymous
a b } Memory
August 4, 2005 3:23:07 PM

According to www.mobymemory.com 6230i works fine even with 2GB!

From what I have found it seems like MMC mobile and MMC Dual voltage is
actually the same type. Dual voltage is actually a property of the MMC
mobile. I assume it has to do with power consumption.
Does anyone know to how much this actually influence on the time I can use
the phone before re-charging? As the price difference is rather large, it
should have a significant effect, or...