Windows media player does not open pdf files app

Adobe readers will not open pdf files in Windows 7 with media player.
8 answers Last reply
More about windows media player open files
  1. Media player is not able to open .pdf files by design, it is for media, like movies and music. You need Acrobat reader or another .pdf program to open them.
  2. hagen_08 said:
    Adobe readers will not open pdf files in Windows 7 with media player.


    What version of adobe reader? Try updating the Adobe reader.
  3. .pdf is usually a document file, Windows media player is not a document reader.

    you can get a program to open your .pdf file for free here: http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
  4. treefrog07 said:
    Media player is not able to open .pdf files by design, it is for media, like movies and music. You need Acrobat reader or another .pdf program to open them.


    Thx. for your advice. It's only certain pdf files, that I am unable to open.They all have either pictures or short videos
    in it, that triggers the Windows Media Player warning, that selected file has a pdf extension, that is unknown or not recognized by the player. If I transfer the file to a XP driven computer, in most cases I am able to open the file. It's
    just Win 7 that creates problems.
    hagen_08
  5. rgd1101 said:
    What version of adobe reader? Try updating the Adobe reader.


    I have no idea, which reader is installed in Win 7, or whether pdf files are opened natively by the browser. I
    have now Adobe reader 9.5 installed, but also have tried Adobe 10x, to no avail.
    Thx. for your help
    hagen_08
  6. warhead0 said:
    .pdf is usually a document file, Windows media player is not a document reader.

    you can get a program to open your .pdf file for free here: http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/


    Thx for your help.To my knowledge, all the pdf files that may have come my way, were opened byWin 7.
    Media Player only comes on, when pictures or videos are included. It then brings up a warning, that the file is not recognized by the player.
    hagen_08
  7. That's an easy fix. Right click on a pdf file, and left click on Properties. Click on Change where it says "Open With". Select Adobe Reader.
  8. runswindows95 said:
    That's an easy fix. Right click on a pdf file, and left click on Properties. Click on Change where it says "Open With". Select Adobe Reader.


    I had little hope, that your suggestion actually would work, but I was pleasantly surprised that it did.
    Thanks for your helpful input.

    hagen_08
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration PDF Media Player Adobe Windows 7