3 Nvidia GeForce 8400GS dual monitor video cards.
4 Dell IN1920 analog vga monitors
2 Dell IN1930 analog vga monitors
620 watt power supply
32 bit motherboard
Maxed out at 4GB ram, of which it is only recognizing 3.?
I use the computer for Photoshop CS5.5 and Dremweaver etc... to design websites.
I am investigating specs of new computers because I need new one.
Could you help me decide.
For my NEW COMPUTER I need:
1. use my current monitors (analog vga)
2. 2 video cards 4 display each possibly DDR5
3. a motherboard that these cards will fit on using PCI Express 2.0 x 16 so there is no bottleneck.
4. I want 8GB RAM (GDDR5 DDR5) with possible 16GB in the future, extra empty slots would be good, instead of having to throw out memory when I upgrade. Good brand name.
5. I would like Intel not AMD CPU, to save money, I dont need i7, i5 would be OK. I have read the core i5 sandybridge 2500K is good.
6. Not sure about Nvidia vs AMD video card, both seem good
7. Powerful PSU, good brand not Ultra
8. Windows 7 or 8 whatever works best with the setup
As you can tell I am getting swamped with specs and need to sort out what works with what. My main considerations are 8 monitors and enough power to open Photoshop and Dreamweaver at the same time without the computer freezing up. LOL
I don't play video games at all. Never will. No time 3 kids.
I thought I would start by finding the right video cards and then get an appropriate motherboard and go from there.
Could I use a few Mini DisplayPort to VGA cable adapter depending on the video card?
he needs vga...
its not gonna happen.
Sorry but they dont make GPU's with more than like 1 vga port (if any) anymore. You might be able to find one with 4 Display Ports and then buy 8 active DP-VGA adapters