Thoughts on 7710?

Anyone got/used a 7710, are they any good? I'm currently using a 3230 which
is ok but a bit slow to use...

One concern is the large screen, does it have any kind of protective cover
as I wouldn't want it scratched as that would wreck the phone!
3 answers Last reply
More about thoughts 7710

    > One concern is the large screen, does it have any kind of protective cover
    > as I wouldn't want it scratched as that would wreck the phone!

    I have it, and love it. It is very geeky remember, touch screen is
    definitely the only real way to use the phone. It is a soft plastic screen
    cover which is permanently installed to protect the touch screen. If you
    have ever used a touch screen PDA or a Nintendo DS, then you can imagine
    what this is like.

    If you simply make calls, then its not for you. However, if like me you use
    the phone for all sorts, such as email, and web browsing, then it is
    awesome.

    I use it for all the usual mobile functions, and also:

    - Email checking, and sending
    - Internet Browsing
    - MSN messenger (Powered by Agile Messenger - awesome)
    - Calendar / Diary functions - very cool

    Also, all text messages, emails, phone numbers etc are input with your own
    hand writing, it is very good - my writing is such a mess, yet the phone
    makes very few mistakes. You can also train the phone to recognise your own
    style of letters.

    The camera is OK, but there is no flash. Also, the phone is a bit of a
    brick, Bluetooth headset recommended :)

    J.

    "Jim" <jimjam2020online@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> One concern is the large screen, does it have any kind of protective
    >> cover as I wouldn't want it scratched as that would wreck the phone!
    >

    > I have it, and love it. It is very geeky remember, touch screen is
    > definitely the only real way to use the phone. It is a soft plastic
    > screen cover which is permanently installed to protect the touch screen.
    > If you have ever used a touch screen PDA or a Nintendo DS, then you can
    > imagine what this is like.
    >
    > If you simply make calls, then its not for you. However, if like me you
    > use the phone for all sorts, such as email, and web browsing, then it is
    > awesome.
    >
    > I use it for all the usual mobile functions, and also:
    >
    > - Email checking, and sending
    > - Internet Browsing
    > - MSN messenger (Powered by Agile Messenger - awesome)
    > - Calendar / Diary functions - very cool
    >

    > Also, all text messages, emails, phone numbers etc are input with your own
    > hand writing, it is very good - my writing is such a mess, yet the phone
    > makes very few mistakes. You can also train the phone to recognise your
    > own style of letters.
    >
    > The camera is OK, but there is no flash. Also, the phone is a bit of a
    > brick, Bluetooth headset recommended :)
    >
    > J.

    I've heard reports that the software is not too stable, have you had any
    problems with that?

    > I've heard reports that the software is not too stable, have you had any
    > problems with that?

    Had one issue where the ringer and vibrate would not work. Had to restore
    to factory defaults.

    Otherwise, no problems.

Nokia Phones