How do i know how much broadband i use each month?

G

How can I find out how much broadband I use each week, Is 10gbs enough or do I need 40gbs, or unlimited???? I am currently with talk talk, they say 40 is fine, but I have just been told by orange personnel, that if I leave talk talk
I will also loose my line and therefore telephone number and have to pay for a new one through BT? Is this correct and how can I find out usage, plus answer regards talk talk line rental??

Dispare!!!!!!!

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Orange is lying and scaremongering. Your line already comes from BT but has been sub-leased to TalkTalk to supply your service. You can leave when your contract expires and the line reverts to BT. If you had come close to your limit, TalkTlka wold have notified you and if you'd exceeded it, your Direct Debit would show teh surcharge.

Download this little utility called NetMeter from http://download.cnet.com/Net-Meter/3000-2155_4-10435551.html but make sure you don't accept any other super special offers from them. NetMeter will tell you what you're using but it has to be installed on every computer in the network and you have to do the arithmetic yourself.

Camelcase

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
How can I find out how much broadband I use each week, Is 10gbs enough or do I need 40gbs, or unlimited???? I am currently with talk talk, they say 40 is fine, but I have just been told by orange personnel, that if I leave talk talk
I will also loose my line and therefore telephone number and have to pay for a new one through BT? Is this correct and how can I find out usage, plus answer regards talk talk line rental??

Dispare!!!!!!!

Speaking from experience with different ISPs, I would say log into your account on your ISP website. There should be a usage statistic or something of that matter