PC to TV HDMI - no signal

m8en22

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
Hi there,

I seem to be having some problems with getting a signal from my PC to my TV through HDMI, which I hope you guys can help me with. The problem is fairly simple, however, after countless hours spent googling, the solution is not (Not in my case anyway)

I have connected my Nvidia GTX 660 to my LG SL8500 HDTV through an HDMI cable, however, my TV doesn't seem to be getting the signal even though I can see my TV under monitor settings and make it the primary screen and so on. I have pretty much tried all the settings, changed resolution, changed HDMI ports on the TV, but my TV keep saying "no signal".

I then tried using a DVI to HDMI converter, and it worked fine, so I though the problem would be the HDMI output on my PC, but since I can see my TV under monitor and graphics settings, there must be some sort of connection.

Could really use some help here.
Thx.

m8en22

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

Yeah, I'm sure :).
I have four HDMI outputs in my TV, and the one that's connected even lights up. Also, it worked when I used the DVI-HDMI converter, where I used the same HDMI output on the TV.