Sign in with
Your question

VGA or DVI to VGA/HDMI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 24, 2013 7:51:43 PM

Hello,

I will be using a Matrox M9188 PCIe x16 graphics card to run an extended desktop to 6 monitors. We would like to mirror that extended desktop to 5 tv's via HDMI and a projector.

I am trying to figure out the best way to do this.

More about : vga dvi vga hdmi

January 24, 2013 9:03:58 PM

How do you possibly think you can use a projector to mirror your desktop to 5 tv's?
<scratches head>
m
l
January 24, 2013 9:25:56 PM

Haha, not using the projector to do that. Sorry my question was not clear. This issue has my head spinning :p 

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_car...

Hardware Included
Matrox M9188 PCIe x16 graphics card (with factory-installed ATX bracket)
Eight miniDisplayPort to DisplayPort adapters
Eight DisplayPort to DVI adapters

The card can support up to 8 monitors. We will only be using 6 PC monitors with an extended desktop.

What we need is a way to set this up so that along with the 6 monitors, we can mirror the extended desktop from those 6 monitors onto 5 LCD TVs and also a projector.

So I will have 1 PC with the Matrox card outputting to 6 PC monitors and 5 LCD TVs and a projector. And I'm not quite sure how to handle the TV/Projector part. Then TVs will have to be used with HDMI, so maybe a HDMI splitter?

Thanks for the response though!
m
l
January 24, 2013 10:54:45 PM

I would suggest you contact Matrox and inquire if adding a second m9188 would allow you to mirror the 6monitor extended desktop of the first m9188.

Other wise I think you'll end up with 6 'splitter' boxes.
m
l
!