Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Low fps in wow with hd 7870

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Asus
  • World Of Warcraft
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 24, 2013 9:08:30 PM

Hey i started playing wow again and i had a old GT 240 512mb and in 25man Lfr i was getting 8-0 fps.
so i got a asus hd 7870 2gb gddr5 dc2 thinking its the graphic card well it didint help even on low settings still 8-0.

so im thinking its something else just don't know what.

Comp specs

Cpu, AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-core 2.20ghz

memory, 2x2GB ddr2 consair

Mobo, asus m3n78 pro

PSU, kingwin 750w only 5 months old

hhd, seagate barrcuda 1tb 7200 rpm

Graphics card Asus Radeon hd 7870 2Gb GDDR5 DC2

windows 7 64bit

Already have all up to date drivers and tryed with no addons. And have the 64 bit client

More about : low fps wow 7870

January 24, 2013 9:38:49 PM

its dat cpu
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 9:50:57 PM

dat cpu bro

wow is a cpu bound game, the gpu is almost trivial. u can run it on an old 9600gt at max settings as long as you have a decent cpu.

that old phenom needs to go out the window
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 9:55:27 PM

what game were you playing?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 9:56:02 PM

def dat der cpus
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 9:57:13 PM

mykebrian said:
what game were you playing?


read the title before posting a reply...
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 9:58:16 PM

timil said:
read the title before posting a reply...

you could have just said wow
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 9:59:38 PM

mykebrian said:
you could have just said wow


teach a man to fish, yadda yadda...
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 10:01:09 PM

so it is the cpu what kind do you think i did to get
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 10:09:00 PM

thats a ddr2 board, so i would suggest something newer, so a cpu/mb/ram swap is prob your best bet. depends on your budget now.
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 10:18:39 PM

i was looking and seen ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS Socket AM3+ 760G mATX AMD Motherboard for 59$. Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 4GB Memory Modules)37$. FX 6300 Black Edition 3.5GHz Six-Core Socket AM3+ Boxed Processor $129.99 totaling 200$ or so will that do me
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 10:44:40 PM

my budget would be around 150-200$ to get this game running the best that much can get
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 11:07:19 PM

i would try overclocking the crap out of the cpu. it sucks wow is cpu dependent and not gpu. doesnt make much sense to me
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 11:32:07 PM

06yfz450ridr said:
i would try overclocking the crap out of the cpu. it sucks wow is cpu dependent and not gpu. doesnt make much sense to me

its alrdy running at 76c
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 11:35:18 PM

overclocking that cpu isnt gonna do anything remarkable. the fx-6300 upgrade (while not being an amd fan) would be good. if you live near a microcenter, they are currently giving away a free (cheap) motherboard with purchase, might save you a few bucks.
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 11:42:17 PM

daswilhelm said:
overclocking that cpu isnt gonna do anything remarkable. the fx-6300 upgrade (while not being an amd fan) would be good. if you live near a microcenter, they are currently giving away a free (cheap) motherboard with purchase, might save you a few bucks.

i live a mile away from one but im seeing that alot of ppl are saying intel are better for gaming but seems like there abit pricey
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 11:51:15 PM

i have setup multiple pentium g pc's as low cost gaming pc's, as microcenter sells the pentium g645 for 49.99. its a dual core, but its a sandy bridge and leaves you with an upgrade path to an i5 in the future if needed. i would still recommend that over the fx6300, but either will do you just fine.
m
0
l
January 25, 2013 12:14:13 AM

daswilhelm said:
i have setup multiple pentium g pc's as low cost gaming pc's, as microcenter sells the pentium g645 for 49.99. its a dual core, but its a sandy bridge and leaves you with an upgrade path to an i5 in the future if needed. i would still recommend that over the fx6300, but either will do you just fine.

im not picky of what brand it is when it comes to performance and price will that Processor and a mobo with ddr3 and the hd 7870 make the game work on good high or ultra setting in wow thats all i want
m
0
l
!