Radeon 6870 HD Problems

I bought a Radeon 6870 from gigabyte about a year ago and thought it was a decent card. well its starting to get some black dots on the screen, Sometimes the whole page is black like internet explorer is black and everything else is fine, and whenever I refresh the screen the dots go away. If any body could help me that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
14 answers Last reply
More about radeon 6870 problems
  1. screenshot?
  2. check if you refresh rate is at 60 hz .
  3. the great randini said:
    screenshot?


  4. scout_03 said:
    check if you refresh rate is at 60 hz .



    my refresh rate is 60 hz
  5. Why are you downloading your drivers from the Gigabyte website?
  6. jthill909 said:
    Why are you downloading your drivers from the Gigabyte website?


    well that's the manufacture of the Video card so that's the first place to look is on the manufactures website
  7. looks like artifacts from overheating or overclocking. check your temps with hwmonitor or msi afterburner. It could be bad ram on the video card also.
  8. iam2thecrowe said:
    looks like artifacts from overheating or overclocking. check your temps with hwmonitor or msi afterburner. It could be bad ram on the video card also.



    the video card sits at about 88-92 degrees and I didn't overclock it at all its stock
  9. check if your fan is spinning .
  10. scout_03 said:
    check if your fan is spinning .



    The fans are spinning
  11. this is realy high temp for a graphic card i would rma if it under warranty ,see if someone have something more to suggest .
  12. scout_03 said:
    this is realy high temp for a graphic card i would rma if it under warranty ,see if someone have something more to suggest .



    well I sent in a rma just incase I couldn't get someone on here to suggest a fix for it. I just hope they give me another card instead of attempting to fix it.
  13. athornfam2 said:
    well that's the manufacture of the Video card so that's the first place to look is on the manufactures website

    lol, you're always suppose to download the latest drivers from AMD's website, not the drivers on the OEM's site.
  14. jthill909 said:
    lol, you're always suppose to download the latest drivers from AMD's website, not the drivers on the OEM's site.

    you can do it either way, but the one on the OEM's site are exactly the same, but normally it takes them a bit longer to get them up on the site.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Internet Explorer Radeon Graphics