Sign in with
Your question

Asus GTX 670 Problem

January 25, 2013 12:12:49 AM

Hi guys,

I´m looking for a bit of advice regarding my videocard.
I´ve been using a PC with a GTX 670 (ASUS) for about 5 months now, however, a couple of days ago I upgraded my OS to Win8 64bit.
I had never had any trouble at all with my PC until I installed windows 8.
After the installation, I noticed that the system froze randomly, so I though installing new drivers would help the situation, however during the instalation of the latest NVIDIA drivers something went wrong, the process failed and all the drivers got messed up. I tried unistalling them but still that didn´t work, the screen was covered in pixels and seemed uncalibrated. Eventually the BIOS menu stoped appearing and after a huge time waiting it sent me into the log in menu of win8.
After removing the GPU and running the video only from the mobo, the BIOS menu shows up, however, the pixels are still there, however this is the least of my concerns because I tried starting up a friend´s PC using my own GPU and the same thing happened.

So basically, something went wrong during the instalation of the new GPU drivers, and now my GPU doesn´t send video signal. A technician sugested that the problem was most likely in the GPU and that I needed to change it. I you guys have any advice regarding this, any help is appreciated.

- My friend´s PC is running windows 7, when started with my GPU, the windows log in screen never appeared.
- Regarding the pixelated video signal, I tried changing the RAM and that didn´t work.

More about : asus gtx 670 problem

!