Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Ready for Crysis 3?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 25, 2013 2:09:50 AM

IMO that Crytek 3 teaser was not great at all. Well for the consoles it would be spectacular but IMO BFBC2 looks much better than that console trash.
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 2:16:15 AM

Crysis 3 will be nice imo and im looking foward to it..By then or some months after ill have the 770 which will be even better
Related resources

Best solution

January 25, 2013 2:17:37 AM

SLI or Crossfire is recommended for highest settings. I know from alpha testing that my card (7970 GHz) got a 29 FPS. This is alpha so it may be optimized a bit, but don't keep your hopes up. http://gamegpu.ru/images/stories/Test_GPU/Action/Crysis...
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 2:21:03 AM

Thats alpha i dont see them honestly keeping the same or close optimized settings. I do think the game will hit hard but not no where near as hard as the alpha did. But then again new gpus are coming and nv/ati has to make money so it will almost put people in a position to buy new gpus and what not to get better performance out of crysis 3
January 25, 2013 2:23:55 AM

I do remember them saying something along the lines of "no single card will be able to run this at 60 FPS"
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 2:31:03 AM

timnswede said:
I do remember them saying something along the lines of "no single card will be able to run this at 60 FPS"

And if thats the case it would be perfect timing for ati/nv to drop the 8000/700 series they would make so much bank if thats true and also crysis 3 would make a killing. YEA most def i do see them dropping something both camps knows whats up
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 2:47:22 AM

I played Crysis 3 alpha as well on my cousin's m14x laptop (core i5, gt 555m, 8GB RAM), it can barely keep up at 30 fps on medium settings. I don't think my PC can play well on high settings, my GPU is not that great (specs at my signature). Was about to get a new GPU at last christmas, but since of Crysis 3's demanding hardware, and I am having thoughts about waiting for the next generations of new GPUs. Hopefully the next generation GPUs can keep it up.
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 2:48:50 AM

As for the OP, yes currently on PC can support DX11. Consoles max at 10.1, though most games are still DX9.
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 2:50:12 AM

ipwn3r456 said:
I played Crysis 3 alpha as well on my cousin's m14x laptop (core i5, gt 555m, 8GB RAM), it can barely keep up at 30 fps on medium settings. I don't think my PC can play well on high settings, my GPU is not that great (specs at my signature). Was about to get a new GPU at last christmas, but since of Crysis 3's demanding hardware, and I am having thoughts about waiting for the next generations of new GPUs. Hopefully the next generation GPUs can keep it up.

I think they will do just fine i have the 660ti and im waiting for the 780 or 770
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 2:53:17 AM

determinologyz said:
I think they will do just fine i have the 660ti and im waiting for the 780 or 770

Personally, I don't tend to go for the high end GPUs, due to I am somehow a budget user. I will be going for $200 - 300 GPUs, something like 760, 760 ti is probably my option. Might have to change my PSU also.
a c 80 U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 2:56:09 AM

I have a fair feeling that a lot of what they're asking for is hype. I mean, their high end specs were an i7-2600k and a GTX 680... which is perhaps 5% better (while being 30% more expensive) than an i5-3500k and GTX 670.

I'm kinda screwed, though, seeing as how I am used to gaming on a 120Hz screen at ultra, and have a mini-ITX computer with no room to SLI. Perhaps I'll sell my 670 and buy a 790 or 8790... *lusts*
a c 80 U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 2:57:28 AM

ipwn3r456 said:
Personally, I don't tend to go for the high end GPUs, due to I am somehow a budget user. I will be going for $200 - 300 GPUs, something like 760, 760 ti is probably my option. Might have to change my PSU also.

I'm going to presume you do more than just gaming? (Just because running with a 2600k is, well, not budget. :p  )
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 3:00:38 AM

DarkSable said:
I'm going to presume you do more than just gaming? (Just because running with a 2600k is, well, not budget. :p  )

Uhh, first of all, I don't have the 2600"k", I only have the 2600 non"k". I don't think Dell OEMs puts overclockable CPUs... except their alienware series. I somehow regret buying a prebuild PC, but since back then I don't really have the experience and skills to build my own computer... so have to buy a pre-build PC. Yes, I do more than just gaming, I somehow do a bit of video editing, etc.
a c 80 U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 3:08:28 AM

ipwn3r456 said:
Uhh, first of all, I don't have the 2600"k", I only have the 2600 non"k". I don't think Dell OEMs puts overclockable CPUs... except their alienware series. I somehow regret buying a prebuild PC, but since back then I don't really have the experience and skills to build my own computer... so have to buy a pre-build PC. Yes, I do more than just gaming, I somehow do a bit of video editing, etc.

Ahh, gotcha. That's a common, and weird, thing that prebuilts do; they put processors that are horrible value picks for gaming and weak video cards in their "gaming" rigs.

And, just throwing this out there, if you have the skills to pick out parts, or even to ask Tom's how to pick out parts, then you have the skills to build a computer with the help of Youtube. It's just like LEGOs for adults.
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 3:14:37 AM

DarkSable said:
Ahh, gotcha. That's a common, and weird, thing that prebuilts do; they put processors that are horrible value picks for gaming and weak video cards in their "gaming" rigs.

And, just throwing this out there, if you have the skills to pick out parts, or even to ask Tom's how to pick out parts, then you have the skills to build a computer with the help of Youtube. It's just like LEGOs for adults.

Yep. I do know how to pick parts now. But since I already bought a pre-build PC, guess I have to upgrade it on my own. I personally put a SSD into it, and it works great. And I do agree with you the fact that they put the "wrong" hardware for their gaming PCs, but most people that don't know anything about computer hardware (like me before), they don't tend to care as long as they can play games. For my next desktop, I will guaranteed to build my own PC, screw pre-builds.
January 25, 2013 3:26:03 AM

timnswede said:
SLI or Crossfire is recommended for highest settings. I know from alpha testing that my card (7970 GHz) got a 29 FPS. This is alpha so it may be optimized a bit, but don't keep your hopes up. http://gamegpu.ru/images/stories/Test_GPU/Action/Crysis...

OMG! I can't have over 30 FPS in highest setting. Luckily the game won't use over 2GB memory based on your testing.
I have to count on NV to release optimized driver for the game title... :( 
a c 80 U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 3:32:21 AM

ipwn3r456 said:
Yep. I do know how to pick parts now. But since I already bought a pre-build PC, guess I have to upgrade it on my own. I personally put a SSD into it, and it works great. And I do agree with you the fact that they put the "wrong" hardware for their gaming PCs, but most people that don't know anything about computer hardware (like me before), they don't tend to care as long as they can play games. For my next desktop, I will guaranteed to build my own PC, screw pre-builds.

Yeah, SSDs can fix anything. I have an old netbook that I use for school; I threw an SSD in it and, aside from the tiny keyboard, I can't tell I'm not using a fancy-ass mac.

But that's how they make their money; especially alienware. They completely rip off consumers who don't know (and don't want to know) anything about parts.
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 3:39:51 AM

Tom Burnqest said:
IMO that Crytek 3 teaser was not great at all. Well for the consoles it would be spectacular but IMO BFBC2 looks much better than that console trash.

Any game on console looks trash in my opinion
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 3:40:57 AM

DarkSable said:
Yeah, SSDs can fix anything. I have an old netbook that I use for school; I threw an SSD in it and, aside from the tiny keyboard, I can't tell I'm not using a fancy-ass mac.

But that's how they make their money; especially alienware. They completely rip off consumers who don't know (and don't want to know) anything about parts.

Macs are just like alienware. Except even worse. I will never buy a mac, rather get an alienware instead of a mac. All they care is "external" quality (looking), not "internal" quality (parts), branding, etc. But yeah, that's how they made money. But the bad thing is, you can't build your own laptop (unless you are very expert at it), and I need that for college. Looks like I have to pay extra for the "branding", I guess.
a c 80 U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 3:45:31 AM

^Do what I did, and grab a netbook or a used laptop and throw a 128GB SSD in it.

It's cheap and more than enough for schoolwork. I then took my giant-ass gaming rig and downsized it to fit in a case small enough to be a carry-on when I fly home.
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 3:48:50 AM

DarkSable said:
^Do what I did, and grab a netbook or a used laptop and throw a 128GB SSD in it.

It's cheap and more than enough for schoolwork. I then took my giant-ass gaming rig and downsized it to fit in a case small enough to be a carry-on when I fly home.

I will do that when I get a laptop for college. But the thing is I want it to be desktop replacement. I want it to play games as well. I want something like a Asus G75VW, lol. It's still too early to think of college yet, still 2 years away. >.<
a c 80 U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 3:59:49 AM

Yeah, put it out of your head. Trouble is, you can never get desktop performance out of a laptop - even paying $4000 will still get you half the performance of a $1500 PC.

That's why I did what I did; I have a netbook for when I'm in class and a PC that's portable and easy to take to LAN parties for when I'm not. It costs less, is more powerful on the whole, and doesn't break my back along with binders and textbooks.
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 4:06:42 AM

DarkSable said:
Yeah, put it out of your head. Trouble is, you can never get desktop performance out of a laptop - even paying $4000 will still get you half the performance of a $1500 PC.

That's why I did what I did; I have a netbook for when I'm in class and a PC that's portable and easy to take to LAN parties for when I'm not. It costs less, is more powerful on the whole, and doesn't break my back along with binders and textbooks.

Yeah, not going to think about it now. Maybe the PC industry will have a huge change by that time, since this PC industry is pretty "dying", everyone is getting tablets, smartphones, etc. replacing laptops and desktops... I don't want the PC industry to die.
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 4:11:57 AM

ipwn3r456 said:
Yeah, not going to think about it now. Maybe the PC industry will have a huge change by that time, since this PC industry is pretty "dying", everyone is getting tablets, smartphones, etc. replacing laptops and desktops... I don't want the PC industry to die.

No matter how strong tablets,smartphones get nothing will replace my need of a desktop pc.
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 4:17:39 AM

determinologyz said:
No matter how strong tablets,smartphones get nothing will replace my need of a desktop pc.

I know that. But most people just want to browse the web, checking facebook, watching youtube, movies, word document, powerpoints, and doing other simple tasks. Not alot of people, like us, need something for gaming, video editing, high performance computing, or other demanding tasks. And a tablet will work just fine for them. They don't need to care about those things that a high-end user does. And that's what makes it worrying about the PC industry. Why would someone spend over $1k for a computer just for doing simple tasks, when they can spend only few hundred bucks for a tablet where it can does their tasks, and also very portable? And it make sense.
a c 80 U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 4:18:29 AM

Yep. It's just like all the other tech fads; hell, just like SSDs. Sales are going like gangbusters because they're the "cool" thing, but as soon as the market saturation point is hit, everyone forgets about it. Just look at netbooks, and how huge they were just a few years ago.

Desktops in particular will ALWAYS bounce back, because it's not just us gamers keeping them alive. It's also anyone who needs a workstation for any reason; medical research, servers, supercomputer arrays...
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 4:21:54 AM

ipwn3r456 said:
Maybe the PC industry will have a huge change by that time, since this PC industry is pretty "dying"

Now them be fightin' words! :fou: 
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 4:23:39 AM

I apologized if I offended anyone about my earlier posts. I just want to say about my opinion.
January 25, 2013 5:44:38 AM

Best answer selected by starcraftgod.
January 25, 2013 5:48:20 AM

determinologyz said:
Any game on console looks trash in my opinion

Forza 4 and GT5 look great.
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 8:28:20 AM

ipwn3r456 said:
I apologized if I offended anyone about my earlier posts. I just want to say about my opinion.

I was just kidding (:
!