M24 vs. M95 ?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 3, 2005 5:41:58 AM

How much better is the M95 over the default weapon?

thanks,

More about : m24 m95

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 5:41:59 AM

Bob wrote:

> How much better is the M95 over the default weapon?

According to the official guide, it's almost identical, with slightly
more deviation when zoomed.

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
Measure a thousand times and cut once.

the m95 is extremely powerful and accurate.. the one thing I like about it
is that you can shoot people inside of helicopters. There's a video floating
around that shows it blowing up airplanes and tanks too, I don't know how
this could be possible though.

"Erik Max Francis" <max@alcyone.com> wrote in message
> Bob wrote:
>
>> How much better is the M95 over the default weapon?
>
> According to the official guide, it's almost identical, with slightly more
> deviation when zoomed.
>
> --
> Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
> San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis
> Measure a thousand times and cut once.
> -- (a Turkish proverb)
Related resources
September 3, 2005 9:49:59 AM

Thanks, was thinking about it for my next unlock, but I really don't
do too bad with the default one.

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:41:58 GMT, Bob <bobjd@home.net> wrote:

>How much better is the M95 over the default weapon?
>
>thanks,
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 12:32:42 PM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:41:58 GMT, Bob <bobjd@home.net> spewed forth:

>How much better is the M95 over the default weapon?
>
>thanks,

I find I get a lot more kills with it, but I seem to have better
accuracy with the M24. I'm a lousy sniper so YMMV.
--
=-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-=-==-=-==-=-=
Pink Floyd on Video - http://pfov.frostwarning.com/

"I'M JAY JAY FRENCH OF TWISTED SISTER, AND I DEMAND A CEREAL THAT ROCKS!!!"

Floyd Code : v1.2a r FU 0/0/r FD 0- 0 Animals/WYWH 64 552 28.3% <24aug05>
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 5:37:25 PM

Bob <bobjd@home.net> wrote:

> How much better is the M95 over the default weapon?

As others have said, it's just as strong as the M24 and about as
accurate, but it can shoot through windows. Also, it will give you the
strength of the M24 even when playing MEC/China.

Juergen Nieveler
--
If it wasn't for C, we would be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL!
September 3, 2005 5:52:20 PM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 08:32:42 GMT, Rev. Bleech_
<bleech@bo-ya.ll-ho.o-ock-com.s> wrote:

>I find I get a lot more kills with it, but I seem to have better
>accuracy with the M24. I'm a lousy sniper so YMMV.

Rev. ,

You say you get more kills with the M95 that you think is less
accurate. Then it must be more lethal with a near miss, or hit other
than a head shot. The big difference then must be more power. Does
that sound right?
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 10:33:26 PM

Bob wrote:
> How much better is the M95 over the default weapon?
>
> thanks,
less accurate, but only a little, heavier recoil with slower rate of
fire. you can shoot through vehicle and cockpit glass and kill those
pesky helo pilots. But considering how rare the chance to get one is the
greater speed and accuracy of the M24 is more worhtwhile. (the SVD is
far and away the best choice, as an automatic it has a huge rate of fire
advantage). But since so few people hold still for more then a split
second the greater damage of the M95 will result in more 'kill assist'
points. Simple solution, how much do you play sniper? If you do it more
then anything else get the barret.
I find my only use as a sniper is when I am commander on certain maps,
I place my claymores to defend my arty guns and get a decent overwatch
with the rifle. Some maps the engie is the way to defend, others the
spec ops. It is even team dependant, but as a default choice sniper is
good becuase it is easy to place the mines and hide with the rifle, Hell
I have herded morer then a few spec ops guys onto my mines with the
silenced pistol. I think sniper isn't useful till the map dynamic slows
down when defending or attacking at the last one or two flags yuo will
see alot more people moving slow, low crawling, or snipe/counter sniping
and thus a whorthwhile environment for that class. I have seen snipers
spawn in the beging of Shogua stalemate and have no idea why. I can't
see a reason to be anything but spec ops, engie, or AT on that map. It
is jsut too big and has to many vehicles, if you can't fix 'em -destroy
'em. But snipers on stalemate? Considering the amount of maps where
sniping is worth it as an effective tactic
I would say skip the M95. Instead get the DAO-12 and use the AT missles
as really big sniper rounds. It gives you control if they move, defense
versus vehicles, and has a terrific man killer for CQB and building
clearing the automatic shotgun! for intermediate range learn to hotkey
your pistol to a mouse button as well as the DAO. Use the SRAW/ERYX at
range or against vehicles, the pistol as they close, and the shotgun
when the get close. You will get more kills and be more usefull to your
team then an entire sniper squad.
Mr.Nemo
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 10:33:27 PM

Mr. Nemo wrote:

> less accurate, but only a little, heavier recoil with slower rate of
> fire. you can shoot through vehicle and cockpit glass and kill those
> pesky helo pilots. But considering how rare the chance to get one is the
> greater speed and accuracy of the M24 is more worhtwhile. (the SVD is
> far and away the best choice, as an automatic it has a huge rate of fire
> advantage). But since so few people hold still for more then a split
> second the greater damage of the M95 will result in more 'kill assist'
> points. Simple solution, how much do you play sniper? If you do it more
> then anything else get the barret.

As I mentioned, according to the official guide, the M24 and M95 do
exactly the same damage (95 points). The M95 is slightly less accurate
when zoomed, and the M95 can penetrate winshields, as you pointed out,
but other than that the weapons are exactly the same.

> I find my only use as a sniper is when I am commander on certain maps,
> I place my claymores to defend my arty guns and get a decent overwatch
> with the rifle. Some maps the engie is the way to defend, others the
> spec ops. It is even team dependant, but as a default choice sniper is
> good becuase it is easy to place the mines and hide with the rifle, Hell
> I have herded morer then a few spec ops guys onto my mines with the
> silenced pistol. I think sniper isn't useful till the map dynamic slows
> down when defending or attacking at the last one or two flags yuo will
> see alot more people moving slow, low crawling, or snipe/counter sniping
> and thus a whorthwhile environment for that class.

Yep, that's the only time I switch to sniper too. Once the front
stabilizes you can pick good places to snipe from that will help people
on multiple fronts. Before that you're just guessing, and liable to
guess wrong.

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Juergen Nieveler wrote:
> Bob <bobjd@home.net> wrote:
>

>>How much better is the M95 over the default weapon?
>

> As others have said, it's just as strong as the M24 and about as
> accurate, but it can shoot through windows. Also, it will give you the
> strength of the M24 even when playing MEC/China.
>
> Juergen Nieveler
WHy would you want it as anything but yanks. Both the chineese and mec
guns are as good and frankly due to a huge rate of fire the SVD is the
best sniper weapon in the game. They SERRIOUSLY borked the scope
magnification on sniper weapons adn they aren't any better then the
medic unlock L85a1 or even the red dot on the spec op smg. Actually at
range the spec op rifle with red dot sight is the easiest to use as it
has almost no recoil and is quite accurate in single shot mode. You can
easily outduel a sniper with one just by staying a single fire and
moving back and forth while zoomed, not to mention the uses for C4.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 10:43:40 PM

Bob wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 08:32:42 GMT, Rev. Bleech_
> <bleech@bo-ya.ll-ho.o-ock-com.s> wrote:
>

>>I find I get a lot more kills with it, but I seem to have better
>>accuracy with the M24. I'm a lousy sniper so YMMV.
>

> Rev. ,
>
> You say you get more kills with the M95 that you think is less
> accurate. Then it must be more lethal with a near miss, or hit other
> than a head shot. The big difference then must be more power. Does
> that sound right?
yes. but it hardly matters most non-lethal shots from the sniper weapon
result in the target running away and you getting a kill assist. so the
enhanced accuracy of the M24 will let you get more head shots then the
big boy rifle. It depends on how dedicated to sniping you are.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:53:18 AM

Bob <bobjd@home.net> waxed eloquent in
news:o ovhh1hb3spspsrthbcn5d00ngrd3vnhq6@4ax.com:

> How much better is the M95 over the default weapon?
>
> thanks,

A friend and I did some playing around on an unlocked demo server at my
house. We stood / prone on opposite sides of the road by the train, me
with AT, he cycled through the various characters and their primary and
unlock weapons..

The M24, body shot, took about 1/2-3/4 the health of my AT.
The M95, body shot, left me with 1 bar of health...

The obvious problem with the sniper rifles, is no one stands still....

--
-------------------------------------
Reply to for SPAM only

All others use:
m0ng0lh0rde @ ukonline . co . uk

Remove spaces to send
Thank you
-------------------------------------
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 4:22:18 AM

Erik Max Francis wrote:
> Mr. Nemo wrote:
>
>> less accurate, but only a little, heavier recoil with slower rate
>> of fire. you can shoot through vehicle and cockpit glass and kill
>> those pesky helo pilots. But considering how rare the chance to get
>> one is the greater speed and accuracy of the M24 is more worhtwhile.
>> (the SVD is far and away the best choice, as an automatic it has a
>> huge rate of fire advantage). But since so few people hold still for
>> more then a split second the greater damage of the M95 will result in
>> more 'kill assist' points. Simple solution, how much do you play
>> sniper? If you do it more then anything else get the barret.
>

> As I mentioned, according to the official guide, the M24 and M95 do
> exactly the same damage (95 points). The M95 is slightly less accurate
> when zoomed, and the M95 can penetrate winshields, as you pointed out,
> but other than that the weapons are exactly the same.
>
>> I find my only use as a sniper is when I am commander on certain
>> maps, I place my claymores to defend my arty guns and get a decent
>> overwatch with the rifle. Some maps the engie is the way to defend,
>> others the spec ops. It is even team dependant, but as a default
>> choice sniper is good becuase it is easy to place the mines and hide
>> with the rifle, Hell I have herded morer then a few spec ops guys onto
>> my mines with the silenced pistol. I think sniper isn't useful till
>> the map dynamic slows down when defending or attacking at the last one
>> or two flags yuo will see alot more people moving slow, low crawling,
>> or snipe/counter sniping and thus a whorthwhile environment for that
>> class.
>

> Yep, that's the only time I switch to sniper too. Once the front
> stabilizes you can pick good places to snipe from that will help people
> on multiple fronts. Before that you're just guessing, and liable to
> guess wrong.

the guide does indeed say that but it is demostrably false. all the
rifles do about 45 points and the barret 95. I get the same damge from a
single pkm bullet to the body as any sniper weapon to the body except
the M95 which takes it almost all the way down. typo I think as they
have the SVD and Type 88 at 45 points.
September 5, 2005 3:35:05 PM

Bob wrote:
> How much better is the M95 over the default weapon?
>
> thanks,

deviation is 0.004 for the M24
0.008 for ALL the other sniper rifles,
I get the impression the M95 has the worst zoomed scope,

http://agbgaming.com/gallery/data/500/318BF2_projectile...

http://agbgaming.com/gallery/data/500/318projectiles_ve...

these tables give an idea of what happens when things hit things.

[AGB] malcolm
September 5, 2005 4:30:31 PM

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:22:18 -0500, "Mr. Nemo"
<OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote:

>the guide does indeed say that but it is demostrably false. all the
>rifles do about 45 points and the barret 95. I get the same damge from a
>single pkm bullet to the body as any sniper weapon to the body except
>the M95 which takes it almost all the way down. typo I think as they
>have the SVD and Type 88 at 45 points.

M95 is just as powerfull as rest of sniper-rifles (95% damage). This
is a fact. It is slightly more incaccurate.
It can shoot through chopper and plane cockpit.

HOWEVER the MOST important point of M95 is that
it IGNORES totally body-armor in hit-damage-calculations.
THIS is the reason why M95 is better. It depends of the opponents
class (and thus armor) how much damage sniper-rifle does (unless hit
to head which is single shot kill always).

With M95 it's ALWAYS 95% damage if you hit to body no matter
which class and how much armor opponent had. You can finish him off
even with pistol with one shot.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:32:56 PM

"Smooth Operator" <murphdrag@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> the m95 is extremely powerful and accurate.. the one thing I like about it
> is that you can shoot people inside of helicopters. There's a video
> floating around that shows it blowing up airplanes and tanks too, I don't
> know how this could be possible though.

Possible, I've shot down a helo (or killed all the occupants in side it)
with it. Shocked me when I did it. My first unlock was the .50 cal sniper
rifle (bad choice - IMHO) My next unlock will be that on (Assuming I ever
get there.)
Squat
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:41:32 PM

somedude wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:22:18 -0500, "Mr. Nemo"
> <OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote:
>
>>the guide does indeed say that but it is demostrably false. all the
>>rifles do about 45 points and the barret 95. I get the same damge from a
>>single pkm bullet to the body as any sniper weapon to the body except
>>the M95 which takes it almost all the way down. typo I think as they
>>have the SVD and Type 88 at 45 points.
>
> M95 is just as powerfull as rest of sniper-rifles (95% damage). This
> is a fact. It is slightly more incaccurate.
> It can shoot through chopper and plane cockpit.
>
> HOWEVER the MOST important point of M95 is that
> it IGNORES totally body-armor in hit-damage-calculations.
> THIS is the reason why M95 is better. It depends of the opponents
> class (and thus armor) how much damage sniper-rifle does (unless hit
> to head which is single shot kill always).
>
> With M95 it's ALWAYS 95% damage if you hit to body no matter
> which class and how much armor opponent had. You can finish him off
> even with pistol with one shot.

Interesting. Anyone got a list of body-armor pr. class?

regards,

Achtung Ecco
!