WinXP/ME dual boot on two drives?

G

I recently upgraded from WinME to WinXP ("update" install rather than fresh install) and would like to reinstall WinME to run some older games that don't function well under XP. If possible, I'd like to avoid partitioning or reinstalling XP, which is how XP's online help tells you to dual boot.

Instead, can I add a second hard drive and install WinME on that? I have heard that this is possible. If I do, will WinME recognize and run programs on the existing hard drive? Lastly, if this works, how can I select which OS boots up--through the BIOS?

Running WinXP Home on Gateway P4-1300, 384 meg RDRAM, GeForce3 Ti200, Intel Monterrey motherboard. Thanks for any advice.

It's better to install ME on the primary (C:) drive and then install XP afterward on the other hard drive (if you want to use a second hard drive). You also partition the primary hard drive and install ME on the C: partition and XP on the D: partition. Once this is done, XP will ask you which OS you wish to boot.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>