Solved

Laptop HD4250 vs. Intel 4500M integrated graphics GAMING!?

so, i checked around the forums, and no one seems to say much about these for gaming. i see why, obviously they are just integrated piece of crap graphics compared to a desktop, however i want to know!

The Radeon HD4250 integrated laptop graphics, or intel 4500M integrated laptop graphics seem OK. (im looking at a cheap used compaq presario CQ56 of some sort, for work like internet browsing, and documens, and SOME games)

so when im away from my main PC, i want to be able to play some low end gaming, in which i want to know if these integrated graphics will handle. im looking at games spanning from 2000 to 2006. so i assume these graphic chips can run any 2000 game on max everything (medal of honor allied assault, for example) however, how well will EITHER of these chips run a game from 2005, or 2006 (like need for speed most wanted, or carbon from 2005, and 2006). call of duty 2 at max? need for speed underground 2 at max?

im looking at a 1366 x 768 resolution to help the gaming performance estimate. also, pretend both chips are being used in a laptop with like 2Gb of DDR3, and similar CPUs (like an AMD/Intel 2.2 or 2.3 Ghz laptop CPU

also, which chip is better? are they close? or is one significantly better than the other?

i don't deal with integrated graphics, so i have no idea how to judge on how well they perform.

Thanks in advance!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop hd4250 intel 4500m integrated graphics gaming
  1. You'd be better of with a low end AMD laptop.
  2. Both are flatout awful, my old laptop has a 4500m and it can't play ANY modern games with playable framerates even on low.
  3. both are glorified graphics DECELERATORS

your not going to find anything "gaming" for the amount your thinking of spending especially on a laptop
  4. Best answer
    Yeah, that's why I am saying you'd be way better of with a new, low-end AMD, like this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+15.6%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/7117152.p?id=1218830172884&skuId=7117152

At least it has a dual core CPU and a Radeon 7520G, which at least performs about like a 5550 Desktop GPU. You could at least play games on low res with it.
  5. twelve25 said:
    Yeah, that's why I am saying you'd be way better of with a new, low-end AMD, like this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+15.6%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/7117152.p?id=1218830172884&skuId=7117152

At least it has a dual core CPU and a Radeon 7520G, which at least performs about like a 5550 Desktop GPU. You could at least play games on low res with it.

oh wow, that samsung has some decent specs for its price, i will deffinantly consider that one also. also i thank everyone for there input, but no one responded for how the gaming was for the games i asked about, remember, im honestly not looking to play modern games, i have a MAIN desktop rig for that, all i want is old 2000-2006 games to run decent with med-high settings. thats it, i dont want to play borderlands, or crysis, or supreme commander lol. just some old games. unreal tournament 2004, half life, and the other games i mentioned. how will the 4250/intel 4500m, play those games? also, the 7520 in the samsung you linked me, how will those play those games? i looked at passmark scores, and the 7520 beat the 4250 with a score like 3 times better lol!
  6. Best answer selected by Augman11.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Gaming Graphics