Status
Not open for further replies.

havene123

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
LOL JK, but on a serious note. NO ONE WOULD ANSWER MY QUESTION, PLEASE ANSWER IT!

So I OCed my new windforce 7950, it was orignally at 1000 core/1250 mem when I got it, so I oced it to 1050/1350 with 20% power, It's stable and everything basically no change in temps still idles at like 26 degrees C. But what I want to know was that OC even worth it? or should I just go back to 1000/1250, like is the improvment even worth it? Or could I go even higher on stock voltage? I dont wanna change volts...

THANKS ;) ;) ;) ;)

Solution
It depends on which games you play.like at stock you are getting a good fps that you need then there is no need to overclock.if you have oc it gaming would be improve by few fps but the question is that you really need to overclock?by the way your oc is good.
It depends on which games you play.like at stock you are getting a good fps that you need then there is no need to overclock.if you have oc it gaming would be improve by few fps but the question is that you really need to overclock?by the way your oc is good.

Solution

Mahisse

Distinguished
Well you can easily find out what you've gained from your overclock by wathcing your fps when you're gaming compared to the normal settings. Your card is already overclocked from the manufacturer so I wouldn't expect you to be able to go much higher without increasing the voltage also.
Personally I never overclock my card until I notice a drop in fps when I'm gaming. If I can't tell the difference there's no need to do any changes. Only when the day comes that I feel my card is lacking speed when gaming, then I will start overclocking. But that's just me. Some overclock their card the day they receive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.