SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

sluipmoord

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Hello there, I'm at a loss and don't know what to do.

I got my new homebuilt pc a week ago.
i7 2700k
corsair 2*8 gig DRR3 1600
new hdd 1tb seagate 7600rpm 64mb 6g (primary with windows)
old hdd 1.5 tb seagate 7600rpm(For some reason my boot files are on this device)
asus 7970 dcii top
asus p8z68 gen 3

okay I have update all my drivers and windows 64bit.
but i keep getting this blue screen SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
I used whoChrased to retrieve this info

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031912-22042-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70540)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800030C4299, 0xFFFFF8800BD0DB30, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time

This started happening when i installed a few games off a image drive and i thought it was the virtual dvd drives. Now it is happening randomly even when i shut down :(

mem test and check disk gave no errors

Well, a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD accompanied by a 0xC0000005 (STATUS_ACESS_VIOLATION) as the reason for the crash generally means some form of memory corruption, as windows services are typically rock solid stable. So either drivers or RAM would be the first components to check.

To be safe, completely uninstall the Virtual DVD drive, to make sure that driver isn't the cause of the problem. You also might want to re-test your RAM via Prime95, as it sometimes is more reliable them memtest86.