Problems Installing PowerColor Radeon HD 5450

julian23561

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
So I bought a PowerColor HD 5450 1GB, since the old onboard graphics was running slow on windows 7.
after uninstalling the old drivers and disabling the onboard display, (because it's an Nvidia) and installing the new graphics card, I get no display from the monitor.

I adjusted everything in the BIOS and all, but still to no avail, it won't work.

I had it replaced because I thought it was defective, but still the same results.

I read an article about the PCI-E 2.0 and PCI-E 2.1 issues. I have the 2.0 version motherboard but the vcard did not work, I also tried it on different motherboards sporting the PCI-E 2.0, but still no display.

What possible things can I do to solve this problem?

Any answer would be very much appreciated!!! :D

Did you build this computer? Or is it like a standard dell, hp...I made this mistake with the exact same graphics card, I was wanting to put it in an older dell machine but didn't realize the power supply didn't have enough power to get it going.

I never did try putting a new psu in the dell to see if that was the issue so I can't confirm that was the problem, but the HD5450 required more than the dell's stock psu could put out.

I do know that the 5450 I received was good, I placed it in my personally built computer and it fired up no problem.

Hope this helps and good luck.

julian23561

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

I built this computer. it has an emaxx motherboard and a 500W PSU. The graphics card says it has full support on PCI-E 2.1, but PowerColor claims that its backwards compatible to 2.0 slots.

thanks anyways!!!

Hridesh Das

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Do not disable the onboard graphics, load the bios settings to optimal. It should be Initiate PEG first in the graphics priority. Insert the card in the slot and connect the monitor to it, the board will automatically disable the onboard and your card will work ! I know this because I have also a nforce 730 mobo with gf 7025 graphics, I installed a HIS HD 5450 with fan and it works flawlessly.