Sign in with
Your question

Black margin on the right in dx10/11 games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 25, 2013 1:36:26 PM

I have a laptop with hd6770m gpu and 1366x768 display with latest drivers installed on the system. I am facing this problem where I get a half a inch wide vertical black portion on right border of my screen in dx10/11 games in full screen. This is causing problem especially with RTS games where my mouse clicks on a bit left of where it appears. Looked up google and found there is a common underscanning issue with ati cards which corrected by changing display resolution and refresh rates. But the issues I found are related only to desktops and I dont have these settings on my ati CCC to change resolution etc. Anyone having info on fixing this problem?
January 25, 2013 3:11:51 PM

did you put the last driver for that graphic on the laptop maker link ?
m
l
Related resources
January 26, 2013 1:27:23 AM

scout_03 said:
did you put the last driver for that graphic on the laptop maker link ?

yeah, I got it from the laptop maker's site, hp. I looked for it on amd site aswell but it asked me to go to laptop maker's site for the driver.
m
l
January 26, 2013 3:57:07 PM

then is your driver are up to date from hp i will ask for a rma or at least a repair this is not a normal screen there must be something to fix contact them .
m
l
January 27, 2013 1:09:50 AM

scout_03 said:
then is your driver are up to date from hp i will ask for a rma or at least a repair this is not a normal screen there must be something to fix contact them .

I dont think it is a screen problem, since like in dirt 2 if I change resolution inside the game to 1360x768 from 1366x768, it goes full width for that session. But when I close again restart the game the black border returns.
m
l
January 27, 2013 3:59:57 AM

you should not have to change the resolution in the games all the times to play on full screen, why the resolutions will not stay on at full screen when you set it ?
m
l
!