Upgrayedd - With two "D"s for a double dosage of the pimp hand.

Jombodolo

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Greetings Internet,

Kudos if you get the Idiocracy reference.

I'm looking to upgrade my PC for gaming purposes. Was wondering what parts I should improve in order to get the best bang for my buck.

My computer: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03359045#N1290

Now, I know that my graphics card is probably the thing holding back my gaming performance the most so I'm definitely looking into upgrading that. I have about $500 I CAN spend right now, but would like to not go flat broke unless it's going to make a huge performance difference, so something to the tune of about $300 would be a lot better and if I don't need to spend that much, even better.

I've never upgraded anything aside from some RAM so I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff. I posted on this website months back when I first bought the computer but decided to hold off and get a bit more cash and now that some time has passed I figured I'd ask what's best for me and my needs at my budget at this time.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

-Jombodolo

Jombodolo

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Thanks for the response. I know my power supply is stopping me from getting into the higher end graphics cards and am willing to upgrade the power supply in order to be able to charge a better graphics card if the overall cost is going to be worth it for now and into the future.

If a 7850 will be a big improvement that will last me for a few years, then I can hold off on upgrading the power supply; however, if it's more of a band-aid and will need to be upgraded again within a year or so then I'd rather drop some more cash now on something better.

TRENDING THREADS