Sign in with
Your question

Too much color banding with amd Radeon HD 6480G and HD 7450M cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 25, 2013 5:14:22 PM

Hi,
I am just new to this forum and also new to the world of AMD graphics cards.I have a laptop which is three months old by hp with A4 apu with amd 6480G integrated graphics and amd 7450M dedicated graphics.my issue is I m experience a lot of color banding issues when watching both videos and also gaming.The main reason I bought this laptop is for the graphics card.i have tried fiddling around the catalyst settings but no help.i don't know whether this is the problem with my graphics card or something with my software.
So can somebody please help me advice to overcome this problem.

My specs
Windows 7 ultimate
A4 dual core APU
2gb ddr3 1333mhz hynix RAM
320gb Hitachi HDD
512 mb Radeon HD 6480G integrated and 1gb Radeon HD 7450M dedicated with crossfire
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 6:31:48 PM

Its usually the display that does that.
January 25, 2013 6:44:15 PM

What is the color depth set in the display properties?
Also have you connected to an external monitor to see if the banding is also there?
January 25, 2013 7:00:09 PM

Yes I have checked with an external monitor and the problem is evident there too.Also I have already changed the display screen of my laptop by hp itself thinking that's the culprit but unfortunately the problem continues to exist.And also I tried changing the color depth to 16 bit from 32 bit.Even I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but again the problem persists.And my screen is HP Brightview LED 15.6" display
!