Gigabyte 7870 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkjubea12

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Hey guys I was just looking for some help. I just got a new GIGABYTE 7870Ghz Edition to replace my old ASUS EAH5750FORMULA, and with this new card I am having some problems. I mainly got this new card because my old card was having some trouble running some of the newer games. I play a lot of League of Legends and my old card ran it fine at high settings, 60 FPS no problem, but now with this new card I am having some problems. When I am in league of legends my FPS randomly drops to
40-50 FPS. I'm also getting a lot of screen tearing in the game. I don't know much about graphics cards so I am hoping someone out there can help me. Also with this new graphics card I can no longer play Sleeping Dogs on Steam, this how ever has been happening to other people so it seems to be a steam issue. Might there be somthing wrong with my graphics card?

Computer Spec:
Graphics card: GIGABYTE 7870Ghz Edition
Processor: Intel Pentium G640
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B75M-D3V

Solution
have u updated your Catalyst drivers ?
Try downloading and updating your VGA Driver , i believe the latest should be 13.1

grab it from www.ati.com , updating drivers usually solves the kinda problems ur describing ...

lkjubea12

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
I do have v-sync on, its not normal tearing the screen kind of changes colors for a split second. I don't really know how to explain it. Its like its malfunctioning or something. The scores I got on that 3D Mark 11 are as fallows:

Graphics: 6660
Physics Score: 2562
Combined Score: 2634

SkyWalker1726

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
have u updated your Catalyst drivers ?
Try downloading and updating your VGA Driver , i believe the latest should be 13.1

grab it from www.ati.com , updating drivers usually solves the kinda problems ur describing ...

Solution

lkjubea12

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

The color is usually redish/black, something along those lines, like I said it only happens for split seconds.

lkjubea12

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

This fixed it, thankyou so much! I thought I had already downloaded all of the correct drivers. THANKYOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.