Vtx3d 7870 tahiti le

hello does anyone know what 2 of these cards are like in crossfire config??? i have a second one being delivered next week but cant find any benchmarks or if there are any problems running them in this mode
12 answers Last reply
More about vtx3d 7870 tahiti
  1. I would suspect since those cards are close to a 7950 maybe 5% slower then a 7950 in CF.
  2. There is absolutely no doubt that they are gonna rockk your grafix

you may find your benchmark for 2 x 7870

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2012-vga-gpgpu/benchmarks,135.html
  3. cheers will have a look for benchmarks for the 7950. also is a 700w psu capable of powering those 2 in crossfire??? i have a gigabyte board with the a10 5800k and 2x8gb g skill ram plus 3 sata drives and a ssd
  4. I would be more worried about your cpu bottle-necking a CF configuration of two 7870 LE's or others call the 7930 cards. But yes you should be fine under a 700 watt power supply given it is a quality unit.
  5. my psu is a ezcool or something like that. i know i will need to buy some 6 pin adapters as mine only has 2 on it at the moment
  6. Ezcool PSU's are crap, I've melted more than a couple of them over the years.
  7. I can't speak to the validity of the quailty of the power supply unit. I don't see it anywhere on the oem or tiered list.
  8. i will see about getting a new psu in couple of weeks time i presume the psu i have just now will be fine till then, i dont play for hours on end just the odd hour here and there at most
  9. bigshootr8 said:
    I can't speak to the validity of the quailty of the power supply unit. I don't see it anywhere on the oem or tiered list.

That's because they are rubbish! :lol:
  10. Well now I know :P There are just certain companies when I see them on the forums where I scratch my head and say yea it sounds bunk to me.
  11. bigshootr8 said:
    Well now I know :P There are just certain companies when I see them on the forums where I scratch my head and say yea it sounds bunk to me.

I experimented with some of their PSU's back in 2004 - 2005ish and blew up one of their 500w units with a single GF2 card and a 462 socket A Athlon!
  12. tsk tsk! I remember Socket A. I had a AMD Athlon XP 3200+. Was the last store bought computer I had was from best buy came with nvidia geforce4 mx balling stuff.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Configuration Crossfire Graphics