6 pin?

Hello,
i have a problem i want to buy a gtx 550 ti super clocked edetion but im afraid i donnot have a 6 pin connecter how do i know if i have one
9 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Check if your power supply has a plug with 6 pin socket connector or if the card comes with a 6 pin socket molex adapter if your power supply doesn't come with a 6 pin.

http://www.cclonline.com/images/avante/CAB1221_LargeProductImage.gif
  2. Look up the specifications of your power supply. Even if you don't have a 6-pin pci-express connector, you can get an adapter that connects to two spare 4-pin molex connectors. However, you should also check how many amps the psu provides on the +12V rail.
  3. What is the make and model of the psu?
  4. Most GPUs that require extra power connectors include an adapter in the box for power supplies which don't have the 6 pin connector built in. It's an adapter with two four-pin MOLEX connectors leading to one six-pin GPU connector.
  5. it may mean a couple of things,
    1 you may have an old psu already.
    2 if the psu is not that old then it most likely be a low quality one.

be sure to check the specs of your psu, just to be safe. a good 550w psu usually has 2 6-pin
  6. Cons29 said:
    it may mean a couple of things,
    1 you may have an old psu already.
    2 if the psu is not that old then it most likely be a low quality one.

be sure to check the specs of your psu, just to be safe. a good 550w psu usually has 2 6-pin

He didn't say it was a 550W psu, he is trying to power a 550 ti graphics card.

Please give us the make, model and wattage of the power supply.
  7. sorry for the confusion, i was just trying to give him/her an idea that good psu's (550w for example) has 2 6-pin usually. more for higher capacity psu's

anyway, i would advice that you start saving for a decent psu. having no 6-pin is not a good sign
  8. I Have an xtreme gear 700w ATX power supply
  9. tayware said:
    I Have an xtreme gear 700w ATX power supply

Is this a Cyberpower? I find nothing but awful things to say about that power supply.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Graphics