Triple monitor, ultra-quality, 30fps average gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkorse

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Well, here we are again. I've asked questions in the past about graphics cards, and I always think I have a good answer until I look at other threads in other forums that completely contradict it. For example, I was pretty set on getting 2 660ti 3GB editions for my 3 monitor setup, but then I learned that the memory interface (192 bit) would bottleneck it.

I'm tired of trying to figure out comparisons, doing card-by-card analysis, and all that junk. So I figured that I was just asking the wrong question. This, hopefully, will do.

I want a beastly gaming rig that will run Skyrim (+50 mods including post-processing and HD textures) on ultra settings (including .ini file tweaks) across 3 monitors at 30 (at least) fps.

What do I need to do that?

Yes so get a 660Ti as it will give you a better experience than any AMD card is capable of. :D

@redeemer & ndslite :finger:

A 660TI is great, but if you get to liking any other game, you will be out of luck, triple monitors are real graphics killers. Skyrim is real easy on the graphics cards.

I'd start with a 670 4GB VRAM and go SLI when a more demanding game grabs your attention. You won't be playing Skyrim forever!

darkorse

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Well, right now, a single 660ti doesn't seem capable of doing what I want. So that leaves:

2 x 660ti 3GB = $640
670 4GB = $450
HD 7950 = $300
HD 7970 = $450

The 680 4GB cards are so ridiculously expensive that I would never forgive myself for buying them, so they're off the table.

If I went with a single card, I would obviously upgrade with a copy later down the road.

So yeah, 7950s. Wow those are cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.