6100 - No ring tone

Last response: in Brands
August 4, 2005 8:05:35 AM

My 6100 has recently stopped making ring tone noises. It vibrates - just no
tone.

I've been through all my Tone Settings and they seem OK.

I note that even if I go to Gallery/View Folders/Tones/Carnival 2/Open - I
get nothing other than vibration.

Key tones seem to work OK.

Is it hardware?

Regards,

Brian

More about : 6100 ring tone

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 8:34:44 AM

ringtone is not supported. Type of the ringtone is incorrect.
If you can play iy from gallery, then it should be ok.
try to upgrade phone software.

"Brian McKillop" <brian.nospamforme@mckillopassociates.com.au> wrote in
message news:jugIe.71341$oJ.29593@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> My 6100 has recently stopped making ring tone noises. It vibrates - just
no
> tone.
>
> I've been through all my Tone Settings and they seem OK.
>
> I note that even if I go to Gallery/View Folders/Tones/Carnival 2/Open - I
> get nothing other than vibration.
>
> Key tones seem to work OK.
>
> Is it hardware?
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 9:05:41 AM

TeEng,

No - I can't play any tone from the Gallery - even the standard ones that
come with the phone.

Brian

"TeEng" <please@no.spam.com> wrote in message
> ringtone is not supported. Type of the ringtone is incorrect.
> If you can play iy from gallery, then it should be ok.
> try to upgrade phone software.
>

> "Brian McKillop" <brian.nospamforme@mckillopassociates.com.au> wrote in
> message news:jugIe.71341$oJ.29593@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> My 6100 has recently stopped making ring tone noises. It vibrates - just
> no
>> tone.
>>
>> I've been through all my Tone Settings and they seem OK.
>>
>> I note that even if I go to Gallery/View Folders/Tones/Carnival 2/Open -
>> get nothing other than vibration.
>>
>> Key tones seem to work OK.
>>
>> Is it hardware?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Brian

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 3:05:30 PM

Mark Wrote:
> > Is it hardware?
>
> If you also cannot hear anyone on Loudspeaker, then the speaker is
> ****ed.
> If you can hear people on loudspeaker but no ringtones, get it
> reflashed.
>
> -mark

yea that's right

--
javanees
August 5, 2005 8:39:13 AM

I took it apart and cleaned up the contacts to the speaker thingy on the
back case.

All now works!

Thanks to all.

Brian