What to BUY 400€!!!!

theAssassin1998

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Hello guys,

I want to buy a new GPU my max. budget is 400€.
What I liked was GTX670 but maybe you guys have an other opinion.
I don't know if i'm ready to buy a radeon because a friend of my had the HD6990 what's a lot more better card then the GTX670,
But still he had not even 40FPS in AC3 Max settings.
He still had the latest drivers with 4.0 framework and all that, but still to low FPS for such a high-end gaming card.
Also read a lot about what to buy, Nvidia or Radeon.
Most said that Radeon is a little cheaper but Nvidia is over the top with their drivers.
My friend also paid for an intel with HD4000 and he had Virtu MVP, according to his benchmarks in 3Dmark11 where less when Virtu MVP hyperperformance was turned on.
So I also have an Intel HD4000 on my i5 3570k, and I really wanna be shure that I will have better FPS while this is turned on.

So I just want to know what's your opinion

Thanks and sorry for my english

Kari

Splendid
virtu is a mess, don't enable it no matter what card you get...
also 6990 is a dual gpu card, so it's basically crossfire-on-a-stick solution and comes with all the negatives of a dual gpu setup ie microstuttering and inconsistent performance, if the game doesnt fully support crossfire it might even be faster when the second gpu is disabled. Single cards are preferrable... like the 7970...

Having said all that, the gtx670 is a solid choice.

theAssassin1998

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

how to disable the second GPU?

Kari

Splendid

disabling crossfire in the drivers should do it, also if the game is run in windowed mode the second gpu won't be used at all (this should also include borderless window at native res so it would look like full screen but technically isn't)

theAssassin1998

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

But what you mean in drivers I have radeonPro con you do it there????

Kari

Splendid
dunno, never used that program before...

edit it seems they have removed the option to disable crossfire in CCC on dual gpu cards... strange.. it used to be there in like couple years ago lol
edit2 google came up with this:
"In CCC under gaming, setup a profile for that game and at the bottom it lets you select a few different modes for crossfire or disable it completely." See if that works

TRENDING THREADS