XFX 6770 Temperatures at 88'C at GPU-Z and 65'C at CATALYST !

Status
Not open for further replies.

upgraded

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hi, i have problems with my xfx hd-677x-znlt (1GB GDDR5) temps !

idle gpu temps about 40'C at AMD CATALYST (latest version)
and about 53'C at GPU-Z at the same time

load temps about 65'C at AMD CATALYST (runing NFS Must Wanted 2012)
and about 88'C at GPU-Z at the same time

what is the real temp ? should i worry about it ? what temp should be ? what you suggest me to do ? what is the max permissible temperature in what Program (CATALYST and GPU-Z) ?

im using this case chassis ( green magnum2 ) with two left side 12cm fans (intake) , one front side 12cm fan (intake) , one backside 12cm fan (Exhaust) , there isn't enough space to install right side and up side fans because of my cpu cooler (thermalright AXP-140RT)
my case chassis address :
http://www.green-case.com/products/case/midi/case.php?model=magnum2

i've recently (about 14 days) built this system , any thing is new and was sealed and have warranty, no dust is there any where , all fans works as well and no overclock applied never!

Please Help, So Thanks

Solution

HD-677X-ZNLC closest I could find in a hurry, but yah the cooling arrangement seems to be similar, only one extra plastic bit on top...
http://xfxforce.com/en-gb/Products/Graphics-Cards/AMD/AMD-Radeon-HD-6000/AMD-Radeon-HD-6770/HD-677X-ZNLC.aspx
..So your card has that smaller heatsink close to the pcie power connector like in the pic?

generally speaking anything below 90c is just 'fine', and...

Kari

Splendid
what other temps does GPU-Z show? Typically there are like 3 others as well named like 'gpu temp #1' , 2 and 3... GPU-Z seems to pick the highest one or maybe it is just coincidence, dunno. I have noticed about 3-4 degree difference on my own card between the readings in CCC and GPU-Z.

edit took a look at your case, the top fan on the side panel is located quite high, it might be better to have it as an exhaust as well, so you'd have 2 fans as intake and 2 as exhaust...

okoy

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
idle temp should be 34-35 non AC room
loaded 47-50

if you use the newest CCC, try to standard VGA driver even tough you not get the best performance from your VGA

upgraded

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
there is no space to install case's top side fans bcoz of the cpu cooler is Occupied that space , there is 3 intake fans and 1 exhaust fan and 2 free exhausting fan space that cant install normal fans , i should use slim fans at those spaces but there is no slim fans can found in my country !!!!!!

Kari, gpu-z temps are about :
gpu temperature : 88'C
temp #1 : 66'C
temp #2 : 88.5'C
temp #3 : 83'C
fan speed : 73%
AMD CCC shows gpu temp at 65'C !

okoy, the temps not changed while running stock driver or the latest driver , i tested both of them

more details : graphic card drivers are updated 2 days ago , running win 7 enterprise , gpu-z 0.6.7 , cpu is fx 8120 , no thing is OCed now and never

Kari

Splendid
seems like ccc is giving you the temp#1 and gpu-z goes with the highest temp#2... What kind like of cooler does the card have? Are there anything cooling the ram or voltage regulation (vrm) units? One of those temp readings is likely from the vrms...

And I meant the top fan on the _side panel_ (thought I wrote it pretty clearly), not the top of the case. So just just flip it around...

upgraded

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
ok sorry for my reading problems :)
you mean i shoud return the cpu's front casefan to be exhaust ?

vga card have its stock cooler , ive never opened thats cooler bcoz not avoiding its warranty , you can c it here http://pricing27.eclerx.com/gpu/HD-677X-ZNLC_l.jpg

cpu cooler is http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/cpu/axp140/product_cpu_axp140.html
no other coolers i use

system details :
amd fx 8120
msi 970a-g46
kingstone hyperx T1 performance 2*4GB 1600MHz
xfx 6770
plextor dvdrw
wd 1tb hard
green magnum2 case chassis with 3 intake 1 exhaust

Kari

Splendid
yep, it might improve the airflow a bit, if it doesn't do anything to the temps turn it back if you like...

the cooler on the card is really basic and only cools the gpu chip, all other parts are cooled by just the airflow from the fan(s), and there only seems to be 3 vrm units (visible at least). That would explain why they might get a bit warm, since they have quite a lot of load on each of them and no heatsinks... but 88c is still acceptable AFAIK for vrms...

upgraded

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
thanks Kari, i'll exhaust that casefan and test as you said
and the i may install the top and rightside casefans outside of the chassis! may helps
so is my temps normal ? when i should worry about at what temps ?

nukemaster, i am so noob and cant understand what u say about (i dont khow what are VRMs) :)

finally these temps are dangerous for my card or no ?

gpu temperature : 88'C
temp #1 : 68'C
temp #2 : 88.5'C
temp #3 : 83'C
AMD CCC shows gpu temp at 67'C !

The cards build in fan control should keep the card in spec. If the fan get very loud, chances are by then the heatsink needs cleaning.

CCC has seen my 5870 as high as 85-86 on stress tests. It was a similar generation(same gen, but 2x the shaders) card, but ran hotter.

When I get a chance, I will do a test with the 5770(the 6770 is just a renamed 5770) to see its temps in a well ventilated case with a stressful game.

upgraded

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

sorry for changing the pic , i changed the pic very much bcoz its hard to find similar xfx 6770 to my card on the internet , my card is hd-677x-ZNLT that i never could find it ! this pic is very similar but itsn't really my card !!!!!!!! so sorry :(

please say what the highest temp that temps can reach without hurting the card ?

Kari

Splendid

HD-677X-ZNLC closest I could find in a hurry, but yah the cooling arrangement seems to be similar, only one extra plastic bit on top...
http://xfxforce.com/en-gb/Products/Graphics-Cards/AMD/AMD-Radeon-HD-6000/AMD-Radeon-HD-6770/HD-677X-ZNLC.aspx
..So your card has that smaller heatsink close to the pcie power connector like in the pic?

generally speaking anything below 90c is just 'fine', and afaik vrms can take the heat quite well...

Solution

Kari

Splendid
they dont have the ZLNT model listed on the xfx website anymore, nor is it listed in the 'discontinued products' section either... also the plastic shroud on the ZNLC model i linked previously will likely help the cooling of the vrms somewhat, maybe that is the reason they have changed the desing a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.