Strange Graphic glitch in BF2 help needed!

Last response: in Video Games
September 4, 2005 6:54:05 PM

Hello,

Ever see a tree turn bright white? Then change to normal as you move
around? Same with building's and mountains.

My system specs:

Windows XP Pro SP2
Pentium 4 2.53 GHz CPU
Intel D845PEBT2 Motherboard
1.0 GB DDR 333MHZ PC2700 RAM (Kingston ValueRAM)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 129 video card with latest drivers
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Zs Platnium Pro
2x120 GB Western Digital HD's
1x160 GB Western Digital Serial ATA HD
Samsung SyncMaster 730B 17in Flatscreen Monitor
Plantronics DSP 500 Headphone with MIC
M$ Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard
Logitech MX518 Optical Mouse

This problem has followed me through several driver updates!

Any idea on what is causng it and how to fix it?

oh and I have all the BF2 patches too. None of them fixed it.

Thanks for any help!

Moondog
September 5, 2005 3:37:18 PM

Moondog wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ever see a tree turn bright white? Then change to normal as you move
> around? Same with building's and mountains.
>
> My system specs:
>
> Windows XP Pro SP2
> Pentium 4 2.53 GHz CPU
> Intel D845PEBT2 Motherboard
> 1.0 GB DDR 333MHZ PC2700 RAM (Kingston ValueRAM)
> ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 129 video card with latest drivers
> SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Zs Platnium Pro
> 2x120 GB Western Digital HD's
> 1x160 GB Western Digital Serial ATA HD
> Samsung SyncMaster 730B 17in Flatscreen Monitor
> Plantronics DSP 500 Headphone with MIC
> M$ Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard
> Logitech MX518 Optical Mouse
>
> This problem has followed me through several driver updates!
>
> Any idea on what is causng it and how to fix it?
>
> oh and I have all the BF2 patches too. None of them fixed it.
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Moondog

try an older Catalyst driver, as recomended for BF2 with ATI, 5.1 ?
or the latest Omega Drivers.
December 28, 2005 3:18:39 PM

Dun use INTEL! Intel SUX! AMD is the best! Blows INTEL craps away.
Conclusion? Switch to AMD A64 platform!
Related resources
October 5, 2006 4:16:50 AM

I believe this may be a drvier issue. I had the same problems a while ago with an eVGA 6600GT AGP 8x. Are you getting other artifacts as well? Try a couple different drivers, and tell us what happens.
February 23, 2007 12:28:09 PM

Update your Video drviers from Nvidia :)
!