Vapor-X HD 7970 Ghz Edition having some issues

TienNguyen

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Hi, all, I have a bit of an issue. Last night I was playing Sleeping Dogs and it suddenly crashed. I decided to get on Portal 2 right afterwards and noticed artifacting everywhere. Restarted my PC and it was fine for about 30 minutes. Ran Heaven and instantly got crazy artifacting. I uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled the 13.1 drivers again and played Sleeping Dogs for about 30 minutes before getting another notice telling me my drivers crashed but were successfully recovered. Ran Furmark this morning and there were no graphical issues at all. Temps stayed at around 73c. I did notice that my GPU load would go from 100% to 64% and then occasionally to 1%. I had never run Furmark before, so I am unsure on what is normal.

My specs are -

GPU: Vapor-X 7970 Ghz Edition
CPU: i5 3570k
PSU: Corsair HX750
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaw X (4x2)

Any help would be very much appreciated. I can provide any further info if you need, as well.

TienNguyen

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Yeah, temps are fine. I noticed that my memory clock was stuck on 1,500, so I unplugged my second and third monitor and noticed a drop down to 150. Not sure if that would cause any issues, though.