when i first set up my wireless i could see it but couldnt authenicate and connect.I was using fire fox as my browser. I could also see my neighbors network. I downloaded internet explorer and now i cant see either one. i have a program calle dconnectivity doctor and it can see both networks. Iam not a computer whiz and i need some help.
1. Use a computer that is wired into the router, make sure the internet is working on there. If so....
2. Log into your default Ip address usually 192.168.1.1
and if you haven't changed the default password log in with:
3. Go to the wireless tab and make sure your SSID is enabled to broadcast.
4. Save the settings if it wasn't.
5. Check and see if you can pick it up on your wireless computer now.
6. If you can, log in with your pass-phrase and see if it will allow you to connect to the internet.
If this doesn't work you can try a reset on the router and then renter the information you put in when you first started it. Or you can try reseting your modem by using a pencil and pressing the reset button on the back, until all the lights flash off on the front.